Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I straight up don't want an Evertonian owning the club. Sentimental naval gazing and being stuck in the "good times" has held this club back for decades. We need cold calculating business people to come in and make the tough decisions putting us on the road to profitability and making Everton a player on the world stage.
Why are the two mutually exclusive?

Why are the two mutually exclusive?
In my mind, if they are Evertonians they will have an inextricable sentimentalality that will cloud their judgment whether they want it to or not. Something like an unconscious bias to try and recapture the glory days and hold on to the past.

I could be wrong, but in general, people are people no matter what level of success they achieve, and people are reluctant to change things that they love.

In my mind, if they are Evertonians they will have an inextricable sentimentalality that will cloud their judgment whether they want it to or not. Something like an unconscious bias to try and recapture the glory days and hold on to the past.

I could be wrong, but in general, people are people no matter what level of success they achieve, and people are reluctant to change things that they love.
So of if the 10th richest man in the world was a massive blue, you’d be against it?

Obviously this is a hypothetical, but I think that changes your answer.

I also think these two probably love the businesses they’ve already create, the wealth and the lifestyle they already enjoy, and to risk that to purchase a football club gives them a lot of motivation to make it work.

To quote a contributor of another fan site, who I share their sentiment (foul language redacted)

"Be arsed with Bell & Downing getting in, and another however-many years of the same blues who had their tongues lodged firmly in Kenwright’s *redacted* excusing every *redacted* thing they may do due to them being boss blues"

B&D may be more business savvy than BK was, but you'll still have with them the hugely divided fanbase that will turn toxic and the local reporters / prominent social media names getting exclusives in return for North Korea style reporting.

More trouble than its worth the whole thing.
Yep, I can see the point, I just think we are doing a lot of catastrophizing though....mind you, with our recent history, it's understandable

It would be interesting if admin put the poll on the Musk Mess site minus Textor as he is not an option unless he shifts his Palace shares. How similar is GOT voting to a wider cross-section?

….from what I can see, in 24 hours this thread has shifted from quite positive to quite negative. Also from what I see not much has happened in that 24 hours.

As an A Level Economics and Government and Politics student back in the day and somebody who reached quite senior levels in the Civil Service, I’m happy to admit I have no clue regarding the takeover of Everton. I read the expertise on here and tend to be influenced by whoever posted last.

I see the reality as nobody on here truly knows the state of play, the discussion is mostly opinion which is what a forum is all about. I’m a glass half empty Evertonian but with 777 out of the way, I’m pretty much still glass half full on this subject.

I voter for Bell/Downing.

I genuinely don't have an issue with any of the others but I am intrigued by the Roma owner. Need to do a bit more digging into him.

What a nice dilemma though, not a tall pf administration or keeping the lights on; some legitimate prospective owners. That's exciting.

Agreed. Where we appear to be today is certainly better than the recent 777 or Administration debate. Glass half full and the svelte Ozzie barmaid is still pouring my £7 North London pint (and no, I am not joking on either price or the barmaid in my local).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back