Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proper amusing the way we’ve gone from “777 or admin” to scrutinising about 5 bids with a fine toothed comb trying to find the deal that is perfect and benefits absolutely nobody but us. Then there’s me just sat over here in the corner in a state of zen just waiting for the Moshiri nightmare to finally come to an end any which way possible.

Xgames
McLaren
5 Football teams

Nafaji also owns the Phoenix Suns.

I suspect they wanted a 'complete' club in Spurs but as they were knocked back with a $3.75billion (£3.1billion) offer and have skin in the game with us at £160+million they may and hopefully want to build us into another 'complete' club like Spurs

By 'complete' I mean stadium, sponsors, multiple revenue streams, other sports and events on pitch and a 'well known top 6' brand.

Total guesswork as no one here knows their motives.

But a team who have a great reputation in this area wont want to tarnish it.

My guess with the 51% is only that they see the best way to recoup their investment being for them to take control now.

Perhaps previously they had hoped 777 would pay them back and were only focused on Spurs

Now the pieces have moved on the board.

Im all for them.

I posted when they were first mentioned about how you'd expect them to work.

Whilst Moorad became a laughing stock across US markets for his attempt to buy the Padres, as he couldn't afford it, the one thing he did was run a tight, efficient and profitable organisation.

It wasn't pretty, but they consistently improved year on as he was GM.

With his movement to partner Najafi, they could be very shrewd appointments to board. Now they're in for a full buy out, this would drastically change as they'd have full control.

My only concern is; they weren't interested in a full buy out, now they are? What do they want and how will it impact us?

They are similar issues I have with all of the prospective buyers, but MSP excited me at the time, whereas 777 petrified me.

Somebody mentioned that Manoukian is part owner of the Dorchester Hotel with the Sultan of Brunei.

EDIT
Just found this on Wiki - In June 1998 the brother of the Sultan of Brunei, Prince Jefri Bolkiah, was sued by his former business partners in a case that was settled out of court.[37] During the case the Manoukians claimed that Prince Jefri kept 40 prostitutes at a time at the Dorchester. 😂 😂 😂
It's a wonder he got anything done!!

I feel that because everyone is pretty much on the edge with it being so erratic (who will it be? What will it mean?) Etc that it's almost like being blindly led.

The prospect of an all equity bid absolutely excites me and secures the club.
The truth is, we know absolutely nothing (even Internet proves hard to find information) on Manoukian.
But usually, when something is too good to be true, it usually is... so I'm awaiting a catch at some stage here.
I'm totally confused by the reference to an " all equity bid" as this usually means that the buying company give shares in their own company to the seller for their equity stake.

Not sure
A. How that would work for Moshiri and
B. How that benefits Everton ( we would still have the various creditors).

Be more than grateful for someone to explain.

I feel that because everyone is pretty much on the edge with it being so erratic (who will it be? What will it mean?) Etc that it's almost like being blindly led.

The prospect of an all equity bid absolutely excites me and secures the club.
The truth is, we know absolutely nothing (even Internet proves hard to find information) on Manoukian.
But usually, when something is too good to be true, it usually is... so I'm awaiting a catch at some stage here.
Quite

It is hoped an initial agreement can be announced long before the start of the new season, but Telegraph Sport is aware of multiple parties planning for the eventuality that a full takeover may not be complete, with directors and owners’ test approval, until October.

I'm totally confused by the reference to an " all equity bid" as this usually means that the buying company give shares in their own company to the seller for their equity stake.

Not sure
A. How that would work for Moshiri and
B. How that benefits Everton ( we would still have the various creditors).

Be more than grateful for someone to explain.
Yep I’m puzzled by this ‘ all equity bid” too for the exact same reasons - Moshiri wants out and some money how does he get that , what happens to our debts , they’re not going away .i did see this though :
“ Manoukian – a London-based businessman and lawyer and an Everton supporter – is a partner at tech investment firm IMS Digital Venture”

If we want to deflate a bit - the challenge with all these delays is that the PL club they want may not be PL ready unless it can make signings etc.

It is hoped an initial agreement can be announced long before the start of the new season, but Telegraph Sport is aware of multiple parties planning for the eventuality that a full takeover may not be complete, with directors and owners’ test approval, until October.

The author of that piece has acknowledged the poll in this thread and will review regarding fan sentiment for future pieces so please do update votes accordingly, folks.

Proper amusing the way we’ve gone from “777 or admin” to scrutinising about 5 bids with a fine toothed comb trying to find the deal that is perfect and benefits absolutely nobody but us. Then there’s me just sat over here in the corner in a state of zen just waiting for the Moshiri nightmare to finally come to an end any which way possible.
Fair play to you, you've stuck with it.

Great stamina.

Well, it's their bid?

An all-equity bid. A bid the smart arses all told us wouldn't happen.

Compared to;

So while we don't know what the plans are for existing debt - the headline is Vatche Manoukian's bid wouldn't add even more debt on top. Debt which would have big interest rates going to Dell.

I'm open minded on all the bids, because to be honest very little detail is known.

If these lads want to come in and put 400 mill into the club - without a plan for the debt then that is a worry, if the plan is to recapitalise the club and pay some of the debt then im open minded. If they come in and throw in 400 mill and have no plan for the debt then thats a worry. The specifics aren't known, so im open minded. But i just wouldn't be seduced by the figure. If something is to good to be true it usually is.

The debt and finishing the stadium are the two most important things, the debt is costing us about 1.15 million a week to manage in interest - it badly needs paying or it badly needs restructuring. Sugar daddying 400 mill into the club in equity, is appealing but it isn't a priority unless its used on finishing the stadium and paying debt. As i said im open minded, maybe they will pay down the debt without restructuring but that hasn't been said yet and because of that why not. If they restructure or pay the debt and also put 400 mill into the club, im in. But its not clear, so ill be keeping my power dry.

The only plan ive seen, in terms of a restructure, is Bell and Downings, sure it will be at about 10% but it will be over a longer period of time similar to what Spurs did with their ground - it will eventually go the way of our Bear Sterns/Prudential deal, when inflation kicks in.

Im looking at three things really, the plan for the debt, the remaining financing of the stadium and the competency of who is coming in. The Bell/Downing plan - we take some medicine - but is concrete in terms of debt repayment and that in itself bring some king of badly needed clarity, certainty and stability for the club. I think both bring something in terms of competency in infrastructure/facility/property management and with a Labour government coming in there is a pathway for public funding surrounding the Northern docks as they will invest in public spending. They also have competency in terms finance, running and developing successful company's and exploiting commercial markets. This we know.

MSP strike me as short term investors and while they have some of the above - we need a long term strategy - i think their priority is to protect and get a return on their investment - they aren't here for the long term.

Textor - i never thought was realistic - i think he's trying to drum up interest in his Palace stake.

The lad at Roma - i dont see as realistic either as i think Uefa will shortly crack down on Multi clubs, so its not clever.

The Manoukian bid, doesn't add up to me - the all equity thing as above, needs clarity, id be concerned if they were pumping 400 mill into the club if it wasn't to repay debt, maybe it is - but we dont know, so i wouldn't be seduced by it, until we had clarity. Very little is known, about the people involved and finding concrete information is difficult. They have no track record in terms of being involved in something like this - so difficult to know what skills they bring. Much is unknown.

Im open minded on all of the above, what we know at the moment is guarded, ive a leaning toward Bell and Downing - based purely on the realism of their bid on what we know. Its clear their is a PR game going on, whether it be the Michael Dell thing or All Equity Bids. But much more detail is needed.

There seems to be a magic figure of 350 mill - 400 mill at play across both bids. This is curious to me - its obviously a magic number for something. Maybe its settling MSP, the stadium and capital. But it does seem to the magic number.

Anyway more will break I'm sure and we will all prob change our minds again - as the week goes on, ultimately we want the best deal for the club, id like it quickly though.

Last edited:
Agree however it's not about the best deal for Everton, it's 100% about the best deal for Moshiri where he loses as little money as possible. He doesn't care what happens to Everton after he's sold up.

Well, it's their bid?

An all-equity bid. A bid the smart arses all told us wouldn't happen.

Compared to;

So while we don't know what the plans are for existing debt - the headline is Vatche Manoukian's bid wouldn't add even more debt on top. Debt which would have big interest rates going to Dell.
I have no idea what to expect from a one day old fresh report. With no words from all involved party, no clear indication of source of funding, it’s all hearsay headline at the moment. Not sure if I should go on a full on wank mode at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back