Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone say an all equity bid is impossible? Whether or not that is viable is purely about the financial situation of the buyer and has nothing to do with the

Exactly.

In my opinion, too many commentators say with certainty what will happen without factoring that in.

We had blogs etc from people saying there wouldn't be any interest at all in Everton because this, this and this.

Now look.

Target. An all equity bid is also no guarantee that the owners don't intend to saddle the club with debt two months later. That happens all the time on leveraged buy outs. It just means the buyers have sufficient cash to finance the acquisition in short term. Almost all investors will load on debt because it is much cheaper than equity and magnifies their returns on investment.

Likewise, someone who buys with borrowing could technically pay it off day one.

But there's no doubt on the surface, an all equity bid is preferable.

I'm confused sorry mate, so will just interrupt here.

Clearly someone isn't going to buy the club, without a plan for the debt. They'll need to demonstrate that to become owners, anyway.

Let's keep it as simple as we can.

Manoukian's bid is an all equity one.

The others' bid will borrow and put that extra debt on the club/the stadium.

I'm sure all will restructure debt, but if you're talking worry - Manookian not making that debt even bigger should ease it considerably.

If they have a debt package as well as part of the plan - unless the 400 mill is going to pay down the debt - then that is taking out debt as well, if that's being restructured

If they do that, then that is a debt and equity bid.

Bell and Downing is a debt and equity bid as well.

We dont know the specifics of refinancing/restructuring yet, whether any of the above will borrow - what we already owe, at a fixed interest over a longer period time and have one lender as opposed to MSP, R&M and 777 or borrow additional money in a restructure to top that out. I.E - it might not be additional debt by either party - just a better longer loan agreement on what we owe.

If Manoukian is paying down some of the debt without the need to restructure, brilliant, but that's not clear.

Exactly.

Only Bell and Downing have briefed what the plan is.

The rest of the bidders seem to be getting out through leaks (probably at Everton) to firm up interest from others.

Everyone will have some kind of a plan for the debt. Bell and Downing conform they will INCREASE the overall debt, but they have a long term strategic lender.

Honestly, I'm happy with Bell/Downing, MSP or Manouklan and his sickness techbros.

All three are clearly smart operators. Hopefully we'll get some clarity in the week ahead.

If it was them who briefed/the headlines around it which had fans thinking Dell were buying/sponsoring etc, then I'd be disappointed for this reason;

The Dell blag really doesn't sit well with me.

I reckon that was an intentional bum steer and I've had enough of owners blagging fans over the years.

I wonder what craziness today will bring. Genuinely not felt this optimistic since Moshiri first arrived..

If they have a debt package as well as part of the plan - unless the 400 mill is going to pay down the debt - then that is taking out debt as well, if that's being restructured

They couldn't become owners without proving it.

If they do that, then that is a debt and equity bid.

Bell and Downing is a debt and equity bid as well.

We dont know the specifics of refinancing/restructuring yet, whether any of the above will borrow - what we already owe, at a fixed interest over a longer period time and have one lender as opposed to MSP, R&M and 777 or borrow additional money in a restructure to top that out. I.E - it might not be additional debt by either party - just a better loan agreement on what we owe.

If Manoukian is paying down some of the debt without the need to restructure, brilliant, but that's not clear.

We won't know, but I suspect all interested will restructure.

If it was them who briefed/the headlines around it which had fans thinking Dell were buying/sponsoring etc, then I'd be disappointed for this reason;
The only positive I'd give them is they'd probably do a fair bit more for the surrounding area and resurrect the Goidison Legacy in some shape or form.

I doubt MSP care for L4.

Manouklan would need strong Evertonian credentials to leave a legacy.
Has anyone asked Brick Travel if they know him? Has he been getting away tickets ahead of them, the rat!

The Dell blag really doesn't sit well with me.

I reckon that was an intentional bum steer and I've had enough of owners blagging fans over the years.

Textor or Friedkin would be my preference at the moment. Even Friedkin at 45% to put the money in we need.

I'm heavily skeptical as a default stance, but I don't think it was. To me it looked like it evolved from people/journalists doing a bit of digging, and then a lot of 1+1= 98 billion.

The original reports just said "backed by MSD" and then as time went on it progressed from MSD being identified as the Dell Family Office to "we're getting bought by Michael Dell" to "we're gonna have Dell on our shirts"

Could be wrong, obviously, but i really didn't get the impression of intentional misdirection.

Which is not to say they're my preferred option - we don't know enough (and most likely never will) to make that judgement. Which is why i haven't voted in the poll :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back