Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bell and Downing have never said Dell is buying into the club.

Its always been them two with backing from the Dell MSD arrangement.

The papers sensationalise for a reason.

I dont believe a genuine fan would conduct half the activities he did.
I'd imagine all the forum members here are committed Blues,but look at the divergence of opinions on how the club should be run. Being stupid doesn't negate your support for Everton.

Reactions: kev

Exactly.

In my opinion, too many commentators say with certainty what will happen without factoring that in.

We had blogs etc from people saying there wouldn't be any interest at all in Everton because this, this and this.

Now look.

Likewise, someone who buys with borrowing could technically pay it off day one.

But there's no doubt on the surface, an all equity bid is preferable.
Hi mate, I’m an M&A finance partner at a US law firm. I do actually know what I’m talking about although I obviously don’t know the specifics of these deal. Why would any bidder borrower money to buy an asset and then repay it on day 1? That would never happen because lenders always charge an arrangement fee of 2-3% of the amount borrowed which a borrower would never ever want to pay for debt borrower for such a short period, every debt package includes a non-call period, I.e. if you repay in the first or second year there will be a big repayment penalty. Also, just generally debt is much cheaper than equity so unless the investor has no interest in his return on investment they will all look to put a debt package in place eventually. An all equity bid only benefits Moshiri. Not Everton.

I'd imagine all the forum members here are committed Blues,but look at the divergence of opinions on how the club should be run. Being stupid doesn't negate your support for Everton.

I have my own thoughts on the murky seedy West London world BK operated in and his cronies.

We may disagree on football matters but I'd argue 99 percent of the forum wouldn't take out loans for the club from a mate.

I have my own thoughts on the murky seedy West London world BK operated in and his cronies.

We may disagree on football matters but I'd argue 99 percent of the forum wouldn't take out loans for the club from a mate.
I wouldn't be so sure.

Hi mate, I’m an M&A finance partner at a US law firm. I do actually know what I’m talking about although I obviously don’t know the specifics of these deal. Why would any bidder borrower money to buy an asset and then repay it on day 1? That would never happen because lenders always charge an arrangement fee of 2-3% of the amount borrowed which a borrower would never ever want to pay for debt borrower for such a short period, every debt package includes a non-call period, I.e. if you repay in the first or second year there will be a big repayment penalty. Also, just generally debt is much cheaper than equity so unless the investor has no interest in his return on investment they will all look to put a debt package in place eventually. An all equity bid only benefits Moshiri. Not Everton.

They wouldn't. But they could.

Tongue in cheek to this point;

An all equity bid is also no guarantee that the owners don't intend to saddle the club with debt two months later.

There's no guarantees about an owners true motivation and they can do whatever they like once they own the club.

Moshiri will sell to whoever gives him personally the best deal unfortunately, irrelevant who we want/think is best.
This, unfortunately is exactly what will happen. The only reason Moshiri persisted with 777 so long is that they were offering him the best deal for him. Mosh will sort himself out as best he can.

Apologies if someone has already posted this, but it’s quite interesting. The guy could be a complete wum or totally legitimate. Long read if you’re interested.

I'm heavily skeptical as a default stance, but I don't think it was. To me it looked like it evolved from people/journalists doing a bit of digging, and then a lot of 1+1= 98 billion.

The original reports just said "backed by MSD" and then as time went on it progressed from MSD being identified as the Dell Family Office to "we're getting bought by Michael Dell" to "we're gonna have Dell on our shirts"

Could be wrong, obviously, but i really didn't get the impression of intentional misdirection.

Which is not to say they're my preferred option - we don't know enough (and most likely never will) to make that judgement. Which is why i haven't voted in the poll :p

Well, the point was in response to @BNJ1878 saying Bell and Downing had briefed their plan.

If they did, then at best, they briefed it poorly or it was an intentional over-egg.

The original reports;

1718014044860.png

1718014062190.png

... as for vote, you can change it as/when facts emerge.

I've already changed mine.

What certainty and clarity have they give? Other than name the lender and like tweets?

We shouldn't expect certainty/clarity at this stage anyway - we'll only get a general idea.
Well
A. We know who we are dealing with
B. They will restructure the debt using funds from Dell family office.

That's more clarity and certainly than the other bids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back