Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well
A. We know who we are dealing with
B. They will restructure the debt using funds from Dell family office.

That's more clarity and certainly than the other bids

I certainly wouldn't call that clarity and certainty.

I've no clue who they are. I think fans are kidding themselves if they think they know who they are.

Because if Moshiri wants 400 million for his shares that completely takes Bell and Downing out the running. The rumoured amount is 400 million for the debt and 25 million to Mosh
It is widely reported that Moshiri has invested £750 million in Everton.
Do you seriously think that he's going to write off £725 million?

Morally you'd hope that he would priorities selling us to people who will be good custodians for the club going forward, even if it means him making a little bit less than he would make otherwise, especially after his frankly horrendous performance as owner

He's shown himself to have little to no morality though, so it is what it is
Morally he owes us that after making an utter mess of things here, as a businessman and billionaire he'll give us the finger and take every single penny he can.

I certainly wouldn't call that clarity and certainty.

I've no clue who they are. I think fans are kidding themselves if they think they know who they are.
Also do they have the money to run the club or will they be near the bottom of the list. I kno psr says how much you can spend but you still need very rich people to own the club if you want to be at the top

I don't think he has a choice, so yes actually.

Also it wasn't his money anyway so I'm not sure he's going to be that bothered.

If the asking price is 725 million then that is 75% of the entire combined net worth of Bell and Downing. Its obviously not the asking price.

Initially I was pretty happy with Moshiri as he seemed to be putting the money into the club without adding loan interest payments.

Having those interest payments off the book, managing the wage bill and better player trading is what the club needs regardless of BMD - it's the only non-loophole way of managing PSR. BMD could add the margin to help us compete up the table.

Perhaps Bell & Downing have a good plan for managing the interest payments - but if they are still a big chunk off our books then I don't think we can hope for much more than the Moyes years again for a while.

If I owned my house I could work less, take some great holidays, have a nicer car etc. - but assuming im in the same role, I'm limited by my mortgage payments, I see it that way for the club.

Not sure is Manoukian is a sort of 777 type mirage - I may leave my vote until i know more.

I'm glad we aren't looking at administration though - now we need to get support to Dyche for the coming season ASAP.

Morally you'd hope that he would priorities selling us to people who will be good custodians for the club going forward, even if it means him making a little bit less than he would make otherwise, especially after his frankly horrendous performance as owner

He's shown himself to have little to no morality though, so it is what it is
Yeah agree only thing i think now he will be looking at how secure the deal will be to avoid 777 so he will get his money and can leave.

I have voted for Manoukian simply because I think it sounds like the exotic name a football club owning billionaire should have.

Or to put it another way I haven't a clue who would be the best owner for the club.
That's the point mate , based on the information to hand no one can know who the best owner is for the club.

Do you seriously think that he's going get £725 million for the club. It wouldn't matter if he invested £40 trillion into the club, he made a mess of things and will be very very lucky to see £500 million.

I'll have Bell + Downing all day, everyday, over that clown Moshiri.

But lets call a spade a spade. It's a leveraged buy out dressed in a fancy frock.

I would be entirely happy to see Bell + Downing on the board in a minority capacity, if only to provide some oversight to some rich lunatic - but a new owner who doesn't add to our colossal debt has my vote.

Do you seriously think that he's going get £725 million for the club. It wouldn't matter if he invested £40 trillion into the club, he made a mess of things and will be very very lucky to see £500 million.
Of course he won't get all his money back but the OP was suggesting that he would take only £25 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.