Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he won't get all his money back but the OP was suggesting that he would take only £25 million.
Bell and Downing have bid 350 million plus converting their loan to equity. This fella has bid 400 million cash.

Any takeover will require Msp (+Bell/Downing) and 777 loans which come to coincedentally 400 million. Moshiri is practically giving us away. The 25 million figure was reported By Paul Joyce I believe

Bell and Downing have bid 350 million plus converting their loan to equity. This fella has bid 400 million cash.

Any takeover will require Msp (+Bell/Downing) and 777 loans which come to coincedentally 400 million. Moshiri is practically giving us away. The 25 million figure was reported By Paul Joyce I believe
If we come out of it with just the RMF loan outstanding (assuming it can't be paid early anyway...ive no idea) we'll have done well.

If all those loans just end up wrapped up in a Dell loan - well it's better than nothing I suppose.

I’m instinctively against being owned by an Evertonian.

Kenwright held us down over decades because he didn’t want to let go. It took him the best part of 20 years to find a buyer who would let him stay on in a meaningful capacity - apparently his only criterion.

I don’t want decades more of train set clutching.

Kenwright didn’t let go because he was a mentally deranged egomaniac, not because he was an Evertonian. I’m not comfortable with this idea that all Evertonians are Kenwright tbh.

I wonder what has happened such that Bell and Downing and MSP are making separate bids. It seems that MSP would want a partner ready to takeover in the medium-term and Bell and Downing will not have the resources for that. A combined bid would have seemed the ideal scenario but maybe too many cooks spoil the broth.

I wouldn't have any issues with Bell and Downing either, just that for the circumstances we are in, MSP seem a better fit to provide a path to stability and growth.

The Manoukian bid just seems bizarre. I would be very uneasy if that was the one which prevailed. We need certainty in the form of known quantities, even if they can't or won't provide the silver bullet we would like.

I agree with that but i'm also not comfortable with the idea that an Evertonian will automatically have the clubs best interests at heart so it might be best if we just ignore any supposed affinity to the club completely.

I'm totally confused by the reference to an " all equity bid" as this usually means that the buying company give shares in their own company to the seller for their equity stake.

Not sure
A. How that would work for Moshiri and
B. How that benefits Everton ( we would still have the various creditors).

Be more than grateful for someone to explain.

Yep I’m puzzled by this ‘ all equity bid” too for the exact same reasons - Moshiri wants out and some money how does he get that , what happens to our debts , they’re not going away .i did see this though :
“ Manoukian – a London-based businessman and lawyer and an Everton supporter – is a partner at tech investment firm IMS Digital Venture”

Im a few pages behind here so not sure if someone has explained.

An "all equity bid" means "all shares bid"

Which means the buyer is offering and wants to purchase all the shares. Not only the majority shareholders, but the minority shareholders' as well...typically for a premium.

Cash buyer baby :p

I agree with that but i'm also not comfortable with the idea that an Evertonian will automatically have the clubs best interests at heart so it might be best if we just ignore any supposed affinity to the club completely.
For all his passion for the club - BK wasn't passionate enough to risk significant amounts of his own money.

Moshiri did.

If we come out of it with just the RMF loan outstanding (assuming it can't be paid early anyway...ive no idea) we'll have done well.

If all those loans just end up wrapped up in a Dell loan - well it's better than nothing I suppose.
Certainly better than the 777 scenario we were facing the previous 12 months.the dell loan is meant to be much longer term with much lower interest rates. Effectively replacing 2 loans with one super loan.

What it does show is that the reason the banks won't touch us with a barge pole is not because of the club and its assets. Its completely down to one - well two - men

Kenwright didn’t let go because he was a mentally deranged egomaniac, not because he was an Evertonian. I’m not comfortable with this idea that all Evertonians are Kenwright tbh.
In essence it’s irrelevant whether an owner is an Evertonian or not. It’s more relevant that they can run the club competently.

Whether they spent their formative years in the Boys Pen or not, whoever owns the club will be a de facto Evertonian due to their vested interest in seeing the club become more successful and more profitable.

If you go through them all you'll see it going from hopefull, to over the moon with delight, to clinically depressed, to happy enough, to reaching for bleach, to wetting the bed out of sheer excitement, to not wanting Saudis involved, to doing summersaults of joy, all within 30 pages... Everton us.
That's like a daily synopsis of Matty's forum activity

It absolutely was because he was an Evertonian. An egotistical Evertonian.

He had constructed a nuts romantic fantasy whereby he was the only man who could possibly steer antiquated Everton through the travails of the modern game.

It absolutely was because he was an Evertonian. An egotistical Evertonian.

He had constructed a nuts romantic fantasy whereby he was the only man who could possibly steer antiquated Everton through the travails of the modern game.

Why are we now assuming that every Evertonian shares his egotistical self-absorbed mindset again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back