Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are assuming that all debt needs to be repaid when there is a change in control which is incorrect.

I know there is effectively no difference between repayment and refinancing.

I’m saying that it’s likely that any purchase will take on the 777 loan but not refinance until the stadium is closer to completion/operational as any loan will be on better terms. The loan can then be secured against stadium revenues and it’ll likely that rates will have fallen to a degree (but won’t go back to pre 2022 levels).
Every third party loan agreement I have seen (100s) has a change of control provision giving the lenders the option to demand repayment. It’s doesn’t mean they will and they agree to waive that option prior to the deal being completed. How do you know the debt doesn’t need to be repaid on a change of control?

Every third party loan agreement I have seen (100s) has a change of control provision giving the lenders the option to demand repayment. It’s doesn’t mean they will and they agree to waive that option prior to the deal being completed. How do you know the debt doesn’t need to be repaid on a change of control?
My suspicion is R&M will play hardball as they were the ones stopping previous takeovers. They probably want the whole lot repaid and won't negotiate.

In this day and age I like the idea of moving to a tech based approach, in this day and age this will be by far the quickest way to grow revenue.
This is the bit that concerns me about Manoukian and the IMS capabilities and their client portfolio - does a "tech based approach" just mean the usually holy trinity of blockchain, AI and NFTs to "disrupt fan engagement"? Football and NFTs do not have a great track record.

Tokenisation and NFTs

NFTs are inspiring industries to re-imagine the way consumers and brands interact. We invest in ventures that leverage tokenisation technology to engage audiences in new and exciting ways or that incorporate tokenisation as an inherent part of their business model. Our expertise spans loyalty programmes, membership schemes, product authentication, and enriching product experiences.

This is the bit that concerns me about Manoukian and the IMS capabilities and their client portfolio - does a "tech based approach" just mean the usually holy trinity of blockchain, AI and NFTs to "disrupt fan engagement"? Football and NFTs do not have a great track record.

Tokenisation and NFTs

NFTs are inspiring industries to re-imagine the way consumers and brands interact. We invest in ventures that leverage tokenisation technology to engage audiences in new and exciting ways or that incorporate tokenisation as an inherent part of their business model. Our expertise spans loyalty programmes, membership schemes, product authentication, and enriching product experiences.
What does any of that corporate psychobabble actually mean?

At a guess I'd say " how can we squeeze more money out of fans " ?

Tokenisation and NFTs

After some of the failed NFT collections, particularly Liverpool’s abysmal attempt, I think that trend has died, I wouldn’t worry

Tokenisation and NFTs

Hologram of Kenwright on the outside of the new ground to welcome fans on the first game.

In terms of Web3, though, many lucrative sponsorship deals could be forged from their background with blockchain; you look at what Man United have gotten from Tezos or Man City from OKX. Even our Stake sponsorship despite how ugly it looks it's still our highest paid sponsorship ever.

Trump sold a load of NFTs to raise money... guess it's a novel way to raise capital but I don't think it will work in a football environment. As you say nothing to really worry about.
Trump supporters make Kenwright apologists look rational. He can sell them anything. If he took a poo and marketed it as an edible cure for cancer his supporters would literally eat it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back