Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every third party loan agreement I have seen (100s) has a change of control provision giving the lenders the option to demand repayment. It’s doesn’t mean they will and they agree to waive that option prior to the deal being completed. How do you know the debt doesn’t need to be repaid on a change of control?

Yes, they almost always have the option, it's the only way they can protect their interests, which is why RMF declined to do so last summer, effectively ending the MSP deal.

Based on this and the rumours...

Dell are already financing the 2 blues plans so in essence that to Moshiri is the same as Manoukian.

Were yet to hear about the others. But those 2 groups may be in the box seat.

Correct, Moshiri doesn't care how the club is financed after he sells.

He'll care about the amount and timing of his payout.

In terms of Web3, though, many lucrative sponsorship deals could be forged from their background with blockchain; you look at what Man United have gotten from Tezos or Man City from OKX. Even our Stake sponsorship despite how ugly it looks it's still our highest paid sponsorship ever.
This is where I was going, in terms of sponsorship deals, club partners etc... IMO it could also boost the profile of the club and make us more marketable.

IMG_9359.jpeg

Every third party loan agreement I have seen (100s) has a change of control provision giving the lenders the option to demand repayment. It’s doesn’t mean they will and they agree to waive that option prior to the deal being completed. How do you know the debt doesn’t need to be repaid on a change of control?
I work in financial markets. In some cases the buyer will simply buy the equity of the company and take on the existing debt.

Not all covenants mean that debt has to be repaid if there is a change in ownership. Particular debt that is further down the capital structure. It’s more likely that senior debt would need to be repaid. But even then it’s not in all cases.

I work in financial markets. In some cases the buyer will simply buy the equity of the company and take on the existing debt.

Not all covenants mean that debt has to be repaid if there is a change in ownership. Particular debt that is further down the capital structure. It’s more likely that senior debt would need to be repaid. But even then it’s not in all cases.
Some of this is enforced by the PL 'fit and proper' rather than general market regulation though, isn't it ?

Undoubtedly.

I was flicking though David Diens book earlier whilst waiting for the Mrs at the shops. (I could have read it cover to cover the time she took FFS) Usmanov was DESPERATE for total control at Arsenal and was quite reckless with spending to acquire shares even then.

I'm convinced they got involved at Everton to flick the vs at Kronke.
I've always suspected that it was Dein who put Usmanov in touch with Kenwright.

Last edited:
….still not sure what criteria Moshiri will apply in selecting a buyer from a number of interested groups. I hear some say, ‘whoever pays him the most money’ but I presume there’s an asking price that all of the buyers are meeting.

….still not sure what criteria Moshiri will apply in selecting a buyer from a number of interested groups. I hear some say, ‘whoever pays him the most money’ but I presume there’s an asking price that all of the buyers are meeting.

Most money paid out, when he gets paid out, likelihood of the buyer having the funds and passing PL tests.

If they all meet the asking price, he'll ask them all to re-submit. Someone will be willing to pay more than others.

Trump supporters make Kenwright apologists look rational. He can sell them anything. If he took a poo and marketed it as an edible cure for cancer his supporters would literally eat it up.
Is the same rationale as people who believe anything Joe Biden and his backers say? Just curious.

Maybe he coukd sell 1 of his public soilings as a cure for COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back