Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd still have to justify where funds were from and how much.

If he had a pot of money unassociated with any of his businesses in an account in Guernsey, he'd still have to go to the UK government and explain how this has zero links to any of his assets...and even then hed only be able to transfer agreed amounts and nothing close to being able to keep another UK business running (ie Everton).

Had to deal with these things in my job is how I know how it works

But he did though mate and pocketed 400 mill - id like that type of sanctioning.

Of course this is all hyperbole and hypotheticals but this is my concern. If I have a friend who with another friend are seeking to buy a small business that is going to cost them a price that's equal to half of both their assets, regardless if a loan is taking a considerable slice of that I would tell them thats its likely a mistake. Of course that could be calmed to what degree a 3rd party is involved, but that completely changes the calculus as for it to make sense I'd argue that person or group should likely be bringing the largest amount of cash in the purchase for it to make financial sense. Thus the scrutiny falls on that individual more so than the credibility of Bell Downing.

All caveats aside if we go with Bell Downing we are talking about having the least cash rich owners in the first division. Of course that could be fine, maybe they demonstrate themselves to be able to run one of the most cost efficient clubs, but it's a worthy concern regardless if they can secure outward money.

I dont disagree with the clubs you mention as exemplary, but the resources at their disposal do completely change their decision making regardless if their largely self sustaining. The Kroenkes are collectively on the cusp of being in the 100 richest people in the world. West Ham have multiple partners with their two main shareholders worth collectively more than 10 billion. Spurs are more akin but also Levy runs maybe the most efficient financial balance operation regardless of his faults in the EPL. And even so they would have 6 times the amount we do between him and Joe Lewis.

These are all just possible concerns, but in the inverse what are we gaining from B/D besides local knowledge. Neither have owned football assets, neither I would say are likely to dramatically come into more wealth. Of course they can praise a level of business acumen, but all of these people can to a degree. When judged to a point of comparison I dont know why I would defend their interest if they are mainly the sole party as first choice removed of being Scousers.

I dont agree mate for the seasons already said, but not to log jam the debate.

Who are other non mega rich owners who have made a fist of the PL, WHU, Brighton good few others aren't there, the vast majority of owners aren't mega rich - take Spurs and Arsenal - though way beyond now, they weren't 25 years ago and certainly at the start of the PL - we were similar in size - they massively overtook us, largely on a self sustainable model, were we sniffed for and achieved a sugar daddy and it went flat on its face and we are - month to month trying to survive because he took his ball back and went home.

Give me, one Daniel Levy for five Moshiris.

But he did though mate and pocketed 400 mill - id like that type of sanctioning.

If he had a leg to stand on and really wanted to, he'd have lobbied his case to court and government so he was able to continue paying.

Of course, he didn't and disappeared into the ether. Grabbed all he could and is now in some russian bunker.

Hang on now mate, you are moving deck charis around - you provided evidance stated by the club in a PL tribunal stating on planning permission, the money would be granted it wasnt. Now you are saying believe its 2022 you received marketing it would be 2022, your moving the goalposts all over the show - either way we dont have 200 mill, no naming rights (before or after a build) and are skip fire.

But holes all over this argument.

Best take it over here to get the thread back on topic. Thanks

Yeah man, I’m pretty sure Moshiri hasn’t literally done a genocide and doesn’t murder gay people for the crime of being gay though.

There’s a difference between being a standard scummy billionaire and literally doing genocide and mass murder
We have been financed by Russian big business that stays in place due to supporting Putin. That regime is anti-gay and has a small war ongoing. I am not claiming innocence for any country or international big business, just saying that we leap on the crimes of a middle-eastern country and overlook the behaviours much closer and within our shores.

IMG-20240611-WA0001.webp

Here we go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back