Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont as it goes, but if i was sanctioned and i needed not to loose 800 mill, id ask my pal to sort me over the hump if he had it (which he does) in the short term, mind the investment and id sort him out down the line, rather then loose close to a billion.

I mean - that's what was happening anyway really wasn't it, cloak and dagger that all funds were coming that way anyway.

How many company's are they exposed or have links with..............................they could "find a way".
You have no idea how much liquid cash Moshiri has, zero.

• The war in Ukraine led Everton to severing financial ties with Alisher Usmanov's holding company USM. On top of the 15 commercial deals they had with USM, they lost a naming rights deal for the new stadium at Bramley Moore dock worth £200m. This would have been activated once planning permission was granted.
In fact, it was in the clubs mitigation;
  • But the commission disagreed and did not accept the club's claim of mitigating factors such as compliance with the Premier League process over the past two years, the impact of the Russia-Ukraine war, which resulted in the loss of the lucrative USM sponsorship, and the impact of the Covid pandemic on the transfer market.
If the commission agreed with that mitigation - we'd have been cleared. They said we should have anticipated things like, war.

For clarity - I'm not saying we weren't in trouble. The warning lights were well flashing - but a £200m+ sponsorship and what would have been inevitable increases in sponsorship would have been a whopping sticking plaster to pull out of the arse pocket.
Didn’t we get planning permission like a year before Russia invaded Ukraine??

And i go back to my point, hes not sanctioned, why couldn't he pay for the stadium.

His companies are.

And I've no doubt if he tried he'd very quickly become sanctioned.

You/me also have no clue what money he has. What you're worth/assets and what you can spend are two very different things at the best of times.

His companies are.

And I've no doubt if he tried he'd very quickly become sanctioned.

You/me also have no clue what money he has. What you're worth/assets and what you can spend are two very different things at the best of times.

Sorry mate. Don’t agree.

His assets are diversified and he can even use them as security, he’s not paddling in Monaco in a dingy. As we know he has companies and real states and stakes in Wetern Europe and the U.K.

No, he went on social media, widely reported in the mainstream media and told us he could build the stadium tomorrow if he wanted to - his words.

Two things form that that’s not someone who is keeping their head down to dodge a sanction.

Secondly if you are feeling your leg when you have your hand in your pocket, you are keeping your mouth shut - I mean wasn’t exactly a hard hitting interview by Jazz Bell, he wasn’t I the room.

I repeat he’s not sanctioned, his wealth shouldn’t be altered bar a share fluctuation, in estimates this year he’s worth more then he took over Everton - surely activating Moshiri was finding a way.

Overall I don’t see any evidence these lads got unlucky with Ukraine, they’ve painted themselves into a corner and did long before Ukraine happened.

Sorry mate. Don’t agree.

No, he went on social media, widely reported in the mainstream media and told us he could build the stadium tomorrow if he wanted to - his words.

Two things form that that’s not someone who is keeping their head down to dodge a sanction.

Secondly if you are feeling your leg when you have your hand in your pocket, you are keeping your mouth shut - I mean wasn’t exactly a hard hitting interview by Jazz Bell, he wasn’t I the room.

I repeat he’s not sanctioned, his wealth shouldn’t be altered bar a share fluctuation, in estimates this year he’s worth more then he took over Everton - surely activating Moshiri was finding a way.

Overall I don’t see any evidence these lads got unlucky with Ukraine, they’ve painted themselves into a corner and did long before Ukraine happened.
@MikeH72 this fella takes Moshiri at his word.

What do you think about that?

We were granted planning permission on 23rd of Feb 2021 and Government gave it the thumbs up in March - Russia invaded Ukraine Feb 2022 - where is the 200 mill?

I had offers to purchase USMArena.com in Jan 2021.

Trademark was later filed for USM Arena in the summer of 2021. It was approved/listed Jan 2022 - by which time war was imminent.

USM Arena was happening 2022. Russian war clearly prevented it.

Usmanov sanctioned, and the club cant take revenue from Russian companies.

Moshiri hasn't got that type of cash an even if he did, his company is Russian owned so there's no way he could sponsor it.

I had offers to purchase USMArena.com in Jan 2021.

Trademark was later filed for USM Arena in the summer of 2021. It was approved/listed Jan 2022 - by which time war was imminent.

USM Arena was happening 2022. Russian war clearly prevented it.

Usmanov sanctioned, and the club cant take revenue from Russian companies.

Moshiri hasn't got that type of cash an even if he did, his company is Russian owned so there's no way he could sponsor it.

Thats not what you posted though mate, which I presume was evidence from the tribunal, you contented we were due 200 mill on planning permission being granted to prove your earlier point on when naming rights are paid - which doesn’t seem to be the case.

And i go back to my point, hes not sanctioned, why couldn't he or why didnt he pay for the stadium.

Any money leaving any sanctioned company or individual needs to go through a sign off and agreement by the country issuing the sanction eg x amount from this 1 account only etc.

His assets were seized and I'm sure he's not the most reputable individual that the government felt like making compromises or favours just to fund a football club.

Then there a money laundering issue getting his money out the country under sanctions...

Thats not what you posted though mate, which I presume was evidence from the tribunal, you contented we were due 200 mill on planning permission being granted to prove your earlier point on when naming rights are paid - which doesn’t seem to be the case.

The bullet point was a lazy copy and paste from press;

1718115928669.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back