Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's stopping Moshiri now then.

They clearly arent "finding a way".

Dont buy it.

The point really is that Suggur Daddys model doesnt, hasnt and wont work into the future.

We didn't get unlucky we were ran in the ground with reckless abandon.

Usmanov is sanctioned.

We can't spend money is one thing - FFP dictated it before Russia as you say.

But we also can't bridge the gap/have commercial ties with USM, MegaFon and Yota.

Massive impact;

• For the financial year 2019-20, at least £42 million of Everton's £64 million sponsorship receipts came from USM Holdings (the company in which Usmanov holds a 49 per cent stake) alone
^ That would have only increased. As I keep saying, one example alone is £200m+ for the stadium sponsorship.

Just twigged this is the takeover battle thread, thought it was the points deduction so not entirely on topic...

...remarkably hypocritical. Here are two excerpts from it:

So, he slags off the media for using buzzwords like "equity" to promote a bid, then goes ahead and uses the equity "buzz word" three times in two sentences to promote his favoured bid.

At the same time, he slags off the rival bids for "unspecified associations" and then goes right ahead to inform us all of unspecified sources of funding that we should all take his word for.

A charlatan.
It is a bit Orwellian.

We're all equal, it's just some are more equal than others

As I said - if contested it could be demonstrated fair market value and standard quite comfortably.

I mean, £30m for the option to be considered for naming a stadium we hadn't built was cleared.

If Russia didn't invade Ukraine, I'm convinced they'd have plugged that amount - one example I give was the £200m sponsorship of the stadium. I shared the trademarks that was put in for USM Arena. The likes of that - sponsorship for training ground etc was all pulled.

What was our PSR breach amount?

Disagree, in fact precedents have been set take Arsenals ground, the naming rights were agreed after - has it happened before that naming rights have been paid before a spade goes in the ground in the PL?

As i illustrated the club was already having to sell its best players to satisfy PSR and spent below 2 mill in the transfer window the summer before the invasion of Ukraine, we were in breach that Year. The sponsorship of the training ground was paid that year (the year we were charged) - so its not relevant to the loss we were charged for under PSR like you infer mate.

Yeah, seems a bit like scratching and clawing something together.

Mind you, it's likely what we're looking at anyway.

Why is there no mention of MSP in any of these articles?
I think B&D deserve quite a bit of credit having probably spent months scatching and clawing their solution together despite the limitations of their wealth, quite probably in the expectation no one else necessarily would and it might be needed to save the club.

That doesn’t necessarily make it the best offer now others have arrived, for the club or more importantly for Moshiri, but even if they don’t succeed they should be commended for putting the work in. If all other financial factors are broadly even between the bids I do still hope they succeed.

Disagree, in fact precedents have been set take Arsenals ground, the naming rights were agreed after - has it happened before that naming rights have been paid before a spade goes in the ground in the PL?

As i illustrated the club was already having to sell its best players to satisfy PSR and spent below 2 mill in the transfer window the summer before the invasion of Ukraine, we were in breach that Year. The sponsorship of the training ground was paid that year (the year we were charged) - so its not relevant to the loss we were charged for under PSR like you infer mate.

• The war in Ukraine led Everton to severing financial ties with Alisher Usmanov's holding company USM. On top of the 15 commercial deals they had with USM, they lost a naming rights deal for the new stadium at Bramley Moore dock worth £200m. This would have been activated once planning permission was granted.
In fact, it was in the clubs mitigation;
  • But the commission disagreed and did not accept the club's claim of mitigating factors such as compliance with the Premier League process over the past two years, the impact of the Russia-Ukraine war, which resulted in the loss of the lucrative USM sponsorship, and the impact of the Covid pandemic on the transfer market.
If the commission agreed with that mitigation - we'd have been cleared. They said we should have anticipated things like, war.

For clarity - I'm not saying we weren't in trouble. The warning lights were well flashing - but a £200m+ sponsorship and what would have been inevitable increases in sponsorship would have been a whopping sticking plaster to pull out of the arse pocket.

Usmanov is sanctioned.

We can't spend money is one thing - FFP dictated it before Russia as you say.

But we also can't bridge the gap/have commercial ties with USM, MegaFon and Yota.

Massive impact;

• For the financial year 2019-20, at least £42 million of Everton's £64 million sponsorship receipts came from USM Holdings (the company in which Usmanov holds a 49 per cent stake) alone
^ That would have only increased. As I keep saying, one example alone is £200m+ for the stadium sponsorship.

Just twigged this is the takeover battle thread, thought it was the points deduction so not entirely on topic...

Not relevant really mate though is it, our owner has Billions in wealth, liquid or otherwise. Hes told us himself he can fund the stadium if he needs to - his actual words.

Agreed we cant spend money with PSR- so to go back to my initial point, if they were still wanting to throw money at us, they couldn't and wed still be loosing money and in PSR trouble.

Last financial year, was the first year the sponsorship wasnt paid, it was paid for years we were in breach of PSR.

The figure of 42 mill is a bit disingenuous as i assume it includes the once off 30 mill, that wast going to be repeated. Its likely we would have been charged with PSR without it, truth be told which goes back to my original point of relying on Suger Daddys, you eventually run out of road and these lads did.

Sure the 200 mill would have been awesome when the stadium was built, but the assertion of the lads got unlucky and sanctions etc is a nonsense - we were sanctioned for PSR for years before the Russian invasion and as evidenced, we had to sell Richarlision and make no signings, the ship was leaking before Usminov was sanctioned - the lads "didn't find a way" they tried and failed and we were charged anyway with them before sanctions.

I go back to my original point, the only show in town for us self sustainability and new owners need to bring that in my opinion.

Not relevant really mate though is it, our owner has Billions in wealth, liquid or otherwise. Hes told us himself he can fund the stadium if he needs to - his actual words.

Agreed we cant spend money with PSR- so to go back to my initial point, if they were still wanting to throw money at us, they couldn't and wed still be loosing money and in PSR trouble.

Last financial year, was the first year the sponsorship wasnt paid, it was paid for years we were in breach of PSR.

The figure of 42 mill is a bit disingenuous as i assume it includes the once off 30 mill, that wast going to be repeated. Its likely we would have been charged with PSR without it, truth be told which goes back to my original point of relying on Suger Daddys, you eventually run out of road and these lads did.

Sure the 200 mill would have been awesome when the stadium was built, but the assertion of the lads got unlucky and sanctions etc is a nonsense - we were sanctioned for PSR for years before the Russian invasion and as evidenced, we had to sell Richarlision and make no signings, the ship was leaking before Usminov was sanctioned - the lads "didn't find a way" they tried and failed and we were charged anyway with them before sanctions.

I go back to my original point, the only show in town for us self sustainability and new owners need to bring that in my opinion.

Ah. You're someone who still thinks it's Moshiri's club, and his own money.

In that case mate. We'll leave it there.

• The war in Ukraine led Everton to severing financial ties with Alisher Usmanov's holding company USM. On top of the 15 commercial deals they had with USM, they lost a naming rights deal for the new stadium at Bramley Moore dock worth £200m. This would have been activated once planning permission was granted.
  • But the commission disagreed and did not accept the club's claim of mitigating factors such as compliance with the Premier League process over the past two years, the impact of the Russia-Ukraine war, which resulted in the loss of the lucrative USM sponsorship, and the impact of the Covid pandemic on the transfer market.
If the commission agreed with that mitigation - we'd have been cleared. They said we should have anticipated things like, war.

For clarity - I'm not saying we weren't in trouble. The warning lights were well flashing - but a £200m+ sponsorship and what would have been inevitable increases in sponsorship would have been a whopping sticking plaster to pull out of the arse pocket.

We were granted planning permission on 23rd of Feb 2021 and Government gave it the thumbs up in March - Russia invaded Ukraine Feb 2022 - where is the 200 mill?

Last edited:

Also all sponsership deals over 1m have to be passed "real" and not contrived between associated parts of the club ownership. So little chance the PL would be doing us favours.

We also pissed a lot of people off with the inflated covid write off, making out we lost more than anyone was always a bit cheeky.

Ah. You're someone who still thinks it's Moshiri's club, and his own money.

In that case mate. We'll leave it there.

I dont as it goes, but if i was sanctioned and i needed not to loose 800 mill, id ask my pal to sort me over the hump if he had it (which he does) in the short term, mind the investment and id sort him out down the line, rather then loose close to a billion.

I mean - that's what was happening anyway really wasn't it, cloak and dagger that all funds were coming that way anyway.

How many company's are they exposed or have links with..............................they could "find a way".

I dont as it goes, but if i was sanctioned and i needed not to loose 800 mill, id ask my pal to sort me over the hump if he had it (which he does) in the short term, mind the investment and id sort him out down the line, rather then loose close to a billion.

I mean - that's what was happening anyway really wasn't it, cloak and dagger that all funds were coming that way anyway.

How many company's are they exposed or have links with..............................they could "find a way".

USM/Megafon is a Russian company.

Sanctions prevent Usmanov, or his accountant sponsoring or putting additional money into Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back