Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deal as a whole seems to work but the key factor to all of it is the existence of the third party equity funder. We wait to see.

The interesting thing to me is the 400m in equity funding he says the club needs is what Manoukian is reportedly offering. I assume he considers it “unserious” because that doesn’t tackle the debt…but maybe they’ve just not bothered to publicly say how they’d deal with the debt, and there’s every chance they’d do it almost the exact same way.

Indeed the exact same Dell funding needn’t be exclusive to B&D, every chance they’d offer the same package to any serious bidder.

Regardless, any bid that can seriously recapitalise the business and restructure the debt is going to be an enormous step forward.

Agree mate, a debt package and equity in to the club - hope he's right - if not its horrible expectation to create and the 400 mill figure is very suggestive.

I have strong suspicions the Manoukian bid is a bit of a Trojan horse, if it is credible, then its a last minute thing as my read would be the all equity bid, is trying to force either a quick sale (prob to be refinanced if they can do a deal) or they haven't had time to get their financial ducks in a row. Either way i have my suspicions.

Yep id say Dell, would look at other parties - the terms of the deal could change though + and - depending, Paul is right in saying sometimes the terms depend of the reputation - Moshiri for example is toxic.

Also agreed, a refinancing and any equity, would be mana compared to what we've been through.

They paid £30m just for the option to sponsor the stadium.

Nothing stopping them making up other completely fabricated sponsorships/payments in the meantime.

What's stopping Moshiri now then.

They clearly arent "finding a way".

Dont buy it.

The point really is that Suggur Daddys model doesnt, hasnt and wont work into the future.

We didn't get unlucky we were ran in the ground with reckless abandon.

What's stopping Moshiri now then.

They clearly arent "finding a way".

Dont buy it.

The point really is that Suggur Daddys model doesnt, hasnt and wont work into the future.

We didn't get unlucky we were ran in the ground with reckless abandon.
His source of income has been shut off.

I don’t think we should be going down the sugar daddy model either, as we’re finding out now, if they walk away the business isn’t sustainable.

But if it weren’t for the sanctions (which have been done rightfully so) we would’ve kept finding the money to pump in when needed.

I think it was The Grauniad that reported Moshiri would take a decision on exclusivity by the end of this month with a deal potentially completed by October.

That timeframe would be as good as we could hope for I reckon. Bell/Downing should be a breeze to pass fit and proper owners test, as would MSP. I just don't see the Manoukian bid as credible, but who knows what will transpire.

Even with player sale(s), an injection of equity to support transfers will be needed so if that's been factored in, then there may be some optimism that Dyche and Thelwell can work to put a squad together that would be competitive in the bottom half.

Time is of the essence and we face a big challenge in ensuring we stay up again next season and be ready to move with our current status maintained. To be ready for that has to be at the forefront of thinking for any bidder / owner.

We are in a very precarious position. Obviously we need long-term sustainability and growth but fulfilling short-term needs is equally critical. I would assume at the very least Bell and Downing would understand this. All of the preparatory work for a takeover will be quickly forgotten if we are struggling to get results with a weakened squad.

His source of income has been shut off.

I don’t think we should be going down the sugar daddy model either, as we’re finding out now, if they walk away the business isn’t sustainable.

But if it weren’t for the sanctions (which have been done rightfully so) we would’ve kept finding the money to pump in when needed.

Hes not sanctioned mate, he still owns what hes ever owned. We presume a lot when it comes to him. We also played the whole USM sanction thing wrong as well in my opinion.

I disagree personally, as PIF and City have shown there are limits in how much you can spend in how far you can take the Mick.

They were so woeful in managing the club, wed still be way over are limit and still in the dock, the thinking of being massively unlucky, as opposed to be being ran like a skip fire is a fallacy in my opinion.

If queried, there would be countless examples of naming operations being in place long before opening.

Rightly so - the coverage Everton Stadium receives is massive already.

But not deals subject to PL rules mate - which is different.

Well before Russia invaded Ukraine and Usminov was sanctioned, we sold Richarlision to comply with PSR, had Benitez as manager and had spent what 1.3 mill in the summer window and we were charged with a PSR breach for that season.

Clearly didnt "find a way".

Its a myth.

But not deals subject to PL rules - which is different.

Well before Russia invaded Ukraine and we were sanctioned, we sold Richarlision, had Benitez as manager and had spent what 1.3 mill in the summer window and we were charged with a PSR breach for that season.

As I said - if contested it could be demonstrated fair market value and standard quite comfortably.

I mean, £30m for the option to be considered for naming a stadium we hadn't built was cleared.

If Russia didn't invade Ukraine, I'm convinced they'd have plugged that amount - one example I give was the £200m sponsorship of the stadium. I shared the trademarks that was put in for USM Arena. The likes of that - sponsorship for training ground etc was all pulled.

What was our PSR breach amount?

But not deals subject to PL rules - which is different.

Well before Russia invaded Ukraine and Usminov was sanctioned, we sold Richarlision to comply with PSR, had Benitez as manager and had spent what 1.3 mill in the summer window and we were charged with a PSR breach for that season.

Its a myth.
Just for pedantic clarity

PSR Charges were for season 2021/22
Benitez sacked by Everton January 2022
Russian invasion of Ukraine Feb 2022
Richarlison sold to Spurs July 2022

Esk’s latest is...
...remarkably hypocritical. Here are two excerpts from it:

Many in the media, not all, of course, take the latest press release or briefing from Moshiri or perhaps the company engaged to generate buyer interest, Deloitte and publish the information the interested parties want us to hear. It often involves buzz words such as equity, multi-billionaire, high net worth, international investors and even unspecified associations with the Saudi Royal families. It seldom, if at all, includes scrutiny (again with notable exceptions – 777 being the obvious and exemplary case)

Additional Funding over and above, Bell/Downing (equity) and MSD debt is required (as per above) – I am not at liberty to say the source of that funding, but it will be equity. Equity from credible, established investors – it is the only way this deal can work.

So, he slags off the media for using buzz words like "equity" to promote a bid, then goes ahead and uses the equity "buzz word" three times in two sentences to promote his favoured bid.

At the same time, he slags off the rival bids for "unspecified associations" and then goes right ahead to inform us all of unspecified sources of funding for his preferred bid that we should all take his word for.

A charlatan.

Don’t we need some wealth to do things like sponsor training facilities - naming rights in stadium? Sponsor this and that for ludicrous amounts like city have done? Like we were doing with USM.
Well, we could do that and sail close to the wind with regard the rules.

Or, and hear me out here......we could employ competent people in our commercial department to attract sponsorships worth of our stature.

I all mad now, thinking about how 'kin useless DBB was crowing about record deals when all bar one or two of them came from our owner. Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back