Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go further

Ever order off Amazon?
Had a game of FIFA?
Taken an Uber?
Used booking.com?
Had a Starbucks?
Saved a file as a PDF?

All the moral high ground hand wringing is fine provided it's consistent across all parts of your life.

The Saudi Government has some outdated and draconian views but the fact remains, the PIF is heavily invested in ALL of the companies above, that's just the ones off the top of my head.

Where do you draw the line? Saudi State money is everywhere. Get over it or go live in a cave and be consistent with your level of disgust.
Or knocked one out to Mia khalifa?

Esk’s latest is pretty illuminating on the Bell/ Downing bid not least because we can assume by now he is privy to the detail on it as he is clearly close to the bid.

He suggests here the 350m from Dell would repay RMF and MSP, so essentially a long term refinancing of the debt. Necessary but not enough.

He then suggests 400m in equity funding is needed for the business. Given that he supports B&D I doubt he’d put a “requirement” out there he knows they can’t meet. But at most realistically B&D could put in what 100-150m, even if they pushed the boat out to pursue a dream. So the majority of that equity funding still comes from a mystery source.

Esk claims to know it but won’t disclose (fair enough) but it really is the key factor because although B&D are the frontmen this is likely to be the biggest investor and therefore a very powerful one. This is the key info we await: how much equity funding can they put in and from who?

Debt and third party equity.

Hello.

The club being more self sufficient and self generating would be a welcomed change. But I also caution the inverse as if the new owners have just cleared the line of their own finances to acquire they may be looking for the club to actually generate them money. That's a recipe for stagnation as well. Just because Bell Downing don't have the money to buy themselves out of problems does not mean they will be pragmatic. Personally them trying to chase an asset they themselves cant really afford feels ominous to continuing a path of outstanding finances and loans hell. Thats of course if thats their goal, I think tis equally possible they are being floated knowing they will be folded into another bid.

Id guess ideally you'd have someone who can maybe check both ends of that. We don't need Sovereign wealth fund money to be competitive, but we equally would be wise to not agree to owners that's personal finances are barely making the cut.

That's very speculative mate. I mean its a projected alternate reality.

They aren't coming in dropping 350 mill, agree a senior debt package then going to run up a load of short terms losses like Moshiri. Just makes no sense.

You also assume that they lack the capital, the latest is they may have third party investment in addition to a debt package to meet the funding requirement to restructure the debt and provide the club with equity.

We need to seek a different model, we need to look at Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham, that should be our pathway.

As i said earlier we need some investment but a lot more competency and the only game in town for us is a self sustainable model.

Forget about rich owners, its fools gold.

Zat, the MSP bid for Spurs was not a takeover it was for an investment stake of 40% with Levy and co still in majority control.

Wow so they valued Spurs at $3.75billion and offered 40% of that ?

Thanks for telling me, i thought they went for control. In which case why wouldnt they partner with Bell and Downing i wonder?

I personally dont think a priority should be having an owner who is prepared to write of losses - we've had that with Moshiri and its led us to this pass. We've essentially under his regin lived through that model. I cautioned about surviving being drip fed by an owner for years, its fraught with danger and so its proved.

The only show in town for us in my opinion is to become self sustainable as opposed to dependent.

Id much rather someone come in and manage and grow the club instead of just funding it and inflating it.

Moshiri and Usmanov would have weathered the storm and continued to throw money at the club.

But for Ukraine. Also of course the league changing the rules on us to include the stadium in psr

Unfair when you look at City and West Ham

Wow so they valued Spurs at $3.75billion and offered 40% of that ?

Thanks for telling me, i thought they went for control. In which case why wouldnt they partner with Bell and Downing i wonder?

Moshiri and Usmanov would have weathered the storm and continued to throw money at the club.

But for Ukraine. Also of course the league changing the rules on us to include the stadium in psr

Unfair when you look at City and West Ham

If they had, what would be different? Wed still be in breach of PSR and have the same players. We didn't run out of money,

They aren't coming in dropping 350 mill, agree a senior debt package then going to run up a load of short terms losses like Moshiri. Just makes no sense.

You also assume that they lack the capital, the latest is they may have third party investment in addition to a debt package to meet the funding requirement to restructure the debt and provide the club with equity.

We need to seek a different model, we need to look at Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham, that should be our pathway.

As i said earlier we need some investment but a lot more competency and the only game in town for us is a self sustainable model.

Arsenal ? Kroenke has been lashing silly money at Arsenal

West Ham ? They have a free stadium

Spurs were where we were before Martinez last season.

If they had, what would be different? Wed still be in breach of PSR and have the same players. We didn't run out of money,

Why would the club be in breach of PSR if Usmanov was the sponsor still and about to lash more money on naming rights ?

Debt and third party equity.

Hello.
The deal as a whole seems to work but the key factor to all of it is the existence of the third party equity funder. We wait to see.

The interesting thing to me is the 400m in equity funding he says the club needs is what Manoukian is reportedly offering. I assume he considers it “unserious” because that doesn’t tackle the debt…but maybe they’ve just not bothered to publicly say how they’d deal with the debt, and there’s every chance they’d do it almost the exact same way.

Indeed the exact same Dell funding needn’t be exclusive to B&D, every chance they’d offer the same package to any serious bidder.

Regardless, any bid that can seriously recapitalise the business and restructure the debt is going to be an enormous step forward.

Arsenal and Spurs have got very rich owners so they are strange examples to use when trying to prove you don't need rich owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back