Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borsun the football finance "expert " and Jordan discussing the takeover on talkcrap.

This is Borsun's take

1. Friedkin bid doomed to fail because of his connection with Roma precluding both Everton and Roma playing in the same European competition ( if only !)

2. Manoukian bid is doomed. £400 mill "all equity " would mean that Moshiri gets nothing and existing creditors would have to take a massive haircut ( that implies that all loans have to be repaid on a change of ownership.)

3. Acap is just 777 in another guise.

4. The only credible bid is from Bell and Downing. Bell is keener than Downing . They will borrow from Dell as if it's a bank and look to restructure the debt further down the line .

5. I don't think he mentioned MSP!

Jordan pretty much concurred but added that he knew Downing very well and whilst he is a superb businessman and rabid Evertonian he had never previously expressed any interest in owning Everton.

Jordan went on to say that Moshiri will get nothing and that all other creditors will be repaid in full.

The total debt of £1 billion looks horrendous but given the PL revenue streams is manageable particularly as Everton have a huge asset in the form of BMD.

Finally the reason no gulf state is interested is because of a recent change in PL rules.

I have absolutely no idea whether what they said is right or wrong ...don't shoot the messenger.

To be honest, I’ve been thinking overall for a few days that Bell and Downing and MSP are really the only realistic offers everything else strikes me as smoke and mirrors.

Just my take.

....The only credible bid is from Bell and Downing. Bell is keener than Downing . They will borrow from Dell as if it's a bank and look to restructure the debt further down the line .....
The concern I have if it is indeed true that Bell Downing are the most feasible is the extent of the finances borrowed. I understand they are Evertonians, but lets face it they are rich solely in a local sense. They are in a completely different tier of wealth than everyone else being discussed. In the new premier league their personal finances are more comparable to the championship ownerships. Of course they are borrowing from MSD, but that isn't inviting the likes of Dell into the ownership core. MSD is a private bank provided from the wealth power of Michael Dell. And considering MSD have loaned cash to various football clubs in the pyramid they would be ineligible to be in the ownership and have demonstrated no interest in doing so in previous club relationships.

That's to say as I see it being misconstrued Michael Dell would not be an Everton owner by almost all accounts. His bank may end up offering as much as 1/3rd of the finances in acquisition but he wont be an owner.

Call me a skeptic but how is two individuals with a portfolio that collectively is barely double the Everton evaluation going to afford us? Without an extreme amount borrowed to the point of volatility. I think it signs us up in a very high chance to continue our severe borrowing habits, let alone the clubs finances being almost exclusively the source of its resources. And considering football clubs often lose money I see a messy spider web thats potentially not all that dissimilar to where we are now.

I will say this though I would not be shocked if Bell Downing are being thrown around with their hopes to be foiled into another bidder. MSP has had connects obviously but if your say Friedkin you may be smart to fold in local investors to distinguish your bid from the field favorably. Similarly Moshiri (if he cares) may get props for factoring in some local ties in a final bid. But personally if Bell Downing themselves and win this bid, I will be very concerned.

Last edited:

Borsun the football finance "expert " and Jordan discussing the takeover on talkcrap.

This is Borsun's take

1. Friedkin bid doomed to fail because of his connection with Roma precluding both Everton and Roma playing in the same European competition ( if only !)

2. Manoukian bid is doomed. £400 mill "all equity " would mean that Moshiri gets nothing and existing creditors would have to take a massive haircut ( that implies that all loans have to be repaid on a change of ownership.)

3. Acap is just 777 in another guise.

4. The only credible bid is from Bell and Downing. Bell is keener than Downing . They will borrow from Dell as if it's a bank and look to restructure the debt further down the line .

5. I don't think he mentioned MSP!

Jordan pretty much concurred but added that he knew Downing very well and whilst he is a superb businessman and rabid Evertonian he had never previously expressed any interest in owning Everton.

Jordan went on to say that Moshiri will get nothing and that all other creditors will be repaid in full.

The total debt of £1 billion looks horrendous but given the PL revenue streams is manageable particularly as Everton have a huge asset in the form of BMD.

Finally the reason no gulf state is interested is because of a recent change in PL rules.

I have absolutely no idea whether what they said is right or wrong ...don't shoot the messenger.

Borsen defend his City team too?

To be honest, I’ve been thinking overall for a few days that Bell and Downing and MSP are really the only realistic offers everything else strikes me as smoke and mirrors.

Just my take.
i sorta concur.
The Manoukian bid is intriguing due to the Saudi backing, but i have a warm fuzzy feeling about Bell and Downing. We can't go from 0-60 just like that and I think Bell and Downing will know that and will look to repair the damage done by Moshiri and years of mismanagement by Kenwright - get the club making money again and then look to get it back where it once was. That's going to take time and whilst i like some of what I've read about Manoukian and his supposed plans (the idea of a young group looking to bring the club into the 21st century), i do worry if they can't do what they want straight away we may end up with another Moshiri - just another owner who's lost interest.

Right Said Fred with Hewlard Packard reported cruising along outside Bramley Moore Dock.

Dave Stewart and Annie Lennox in talks with Acer for a last gasp bid.

Rumours taken off twitter from esk.
I quite fancied the remaining members of Queen being involved but Roger Taylor’s an Arsenal fan.

Look like we’re stuck with Lee Maver’s from The LA’s as the only blue musician I can recall.

The concern I have if it is indeed true that Bell Downing are the most feasible is the extent of the finances borrowed. I understand they are Evertonians, but lets face it they are rich solely in a local sense. They are in a completely different tier of wealth than everyone else being discussed. In the new premier league their personal finances are more comparable to the championship ownerships. Of course they are borrowing from MSD, but that isn't inviting the likes of Dell into the ownership core. MSD is a private bank provided from the wealth power of Michael Dell. And considering MSD have loaned cash to various football clubs in the pyramid they would be ineligible to be in the ownership and have demonstrated no interest in doing so in previous club relationships.

That's to say as I see it being misconstrued Michael Dell would not be an Everton owner by almost all accounts. His bank may end up offering as much as 1/3rd of the finances in acquisition but he wont be an owner.

Call me a skeptic but how is two individuals with a portfolio that collectively is barely double the Everton evaluation going to afford us? Without an extreme amount borrowed to the point of volatility. I think it signs us up in a very high chance to continue our severe borrowing habits, let alone the clubs finances being almost exclusively the source of its resources. And considering football clubs often lose money I see a messy spider web thats potentially not all that dissimilar to where we are now.

I will say this though I would not be shocked if Bell Downing are being thrown around with their hopes to be foiled into another bidder. MSP has had connects obviously but if your say Friedkin you may be smart to fold in local investors to distinguish your bid from the field favorably. Similarly Moshiri (if he cares) may get props for factoring in some local ties in a final bid. But personally if Bell Downing themselves and win this bid, I will be very concerned.

I dont understand all the comments on personal wealth, with PSR, as proved with the PIF, you can be dripping in it and still cant spend it.

We need a bit of investment but we also need a lot of competency more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back