Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borsun the football finance "expert " and Jordan discussing the takeover on talkcrap.

This is Borsun's take

1. Friedkin bid doomed to fail because of his connection with Roma precluding both Everton and Roma playing in the same European competition ( if only !)

2. Manoukian bid is doomed. £400 mill "all equity " would mean that Moshiri gets nothing and existing creditors would have to take a massive haircut ( that implies that all loans have to be repaid on a change of ownership.)

3. Acap is just 777 in another guise.

4. The only credible bid is from Bell and Downing. Bell is keener than Downing . They will borrow from Dell as if it's a bank and look to restructure the debt further down the line .

5. I don't think he mentioned MSP!

Jordan pretty much concurred but added that he knew Downing very well and whilst he is a superb businessman and rabid Evertonian he had never previously expressed any interest in owning Everton.

Jordan went on to say that Moshiri will get nothing and that all other creditors will be repaid in full.

The total debt of £1 billion looks horrendous but given the PL revenue streams is manageable particularly as Everton have a huge asset in the form of BMD.

Finally the reason no gulf state is interested is because of a recent change in PL rules.

I have absolutely no idea whether what they said is right or wrong ...don't shoot the messenger.
There is talk of UEFA revisiting the whole multi club thing later on in the year which probably puts pay to Friedkin and MSP bids.

There is talk of UEFA revisiting the whole multi club thing later on in the year which probably puts pay to Friedkin and MSP bids.
I suspect it will be the opposite.

There's an old Overlap interview between Gary Neville and Ceferin where he (Ceferin) basically says they've been sleeping and that horse has bolted the stable already. They will revisit rules and clarify what is permissable.

UEFA are in an incredibly sticky position, they can't force people to sell a club, the owner could rightly argue it massively impacts the value. If UEFA dont like it they should have insisted to the relevant league the purchase isn't allowed

Borsun the football finance "expert " and Jordan discussing the takeover on talkcrap.

This is Borsun's take

1. Friedkin bid doomed to fail because of his connection with Roma precluding both Everton and Roma playing in the same European competition ( if only !)

2. Manoukian bid is doomed. £400 mill "all equity " would mean that Moshiri gets nothing and existing creditors would have to take a massive haircut ( that implies that all loans have to be repaid on a change of ownership.)

4. The only credible bid is from Bell and Downing. Bell is keener than Downing . They will borrow from Dell as if it's a bank and look to restructure the debt further down the line .

Jordan pretty much concurred but added that he knew Downing very well and whilst he is a superb businessman and rabid Evertonian he had never previously expressed any interest in owning Everton.

Jordan went on to say that Moshiri will get nothing and that all other creditors will be repaid in full.

The total debt of £1 billion looks horrendous but given the PL revenue streams is manageable particularly as Everton have a huge asset in the form of BMD.

Finally the reason no gulf state is interested is because of a recent change in PL rules.

I have absolutely no idea whether what they said is right or wrong ...don't shoot the messenger.
I have not been on here for several months so not sure on mentioning Esk these days but he has just posted another article, on the Bell/Downing bid. He is claiming there will be additional funding provided via equity, but says he is not in a position to disclose from whom or where. He distinguished this from the MSD "backing" via the loan. So it seems Bell, Downing + A.N. Other.

I take TalkCrap with a lorry load of salt, but I would have a concern about the dynamics of Bell and Downing working together. Sooner or later, and it's human nature, there will be disagreement, only here there will be money involved. There would have to be clear demarcation and would one of them take a subordinate position to the other? It's like having co-managers or co-leaders. That model tends not to work.

This is Borsun's take

I feel like a lot of assumptions are being made from very limited information when it comes to the Manoukian bid. I don’t think it can be dismissed as not viable from what we know of it, and if it was that obviously unviable I don’t think it would exist.

I have not been on here for several months so not sure on mentioning Esk these days but he has just posted another article, on the Bell/Downing bid. He is claiming there will be additional funding provided via equity, but says he is not in a position to disclose from whom or where. He distinguished this from the MSD "backing" via the loan. So it seems Bell, Downing + A.N. Other.

I take TalkCrap with a lorry load of salt, but I would have a concern about the dynamics of Bell and Downing working together. Sooner or later, and it's human nature, there will be disagreement, only here there will be money involved. There would have to be clear demarcation and would one of them take a subordinate position to the other? It's like having co-managers or co-leaders. That model tends not to work.
Good to see you back posting, I've always found your posts to be considered and interesting.

Esk , well where do I start. To many, probably most on here Esk is now persona non grata and he is either ignored or ridiculed save for a small band of his acolytes. It would appear that he is quite close to the Bell / Downing bid which if I'm being honest I find quite disconcerting.

If B&D succeed I'm sure that they will put a professional team in place to run the show as they have for their own successful businesses.

Jordan/ Borsun were of the option that Bell was the keener of the two so perhaps he will take a bigger equity stake and become Chair if their bid succeds. They also thought that it was likely that in time further shareholders would join taking equity ( but definitely not Dell ).

Who knows ? Pay your money take your choice

I feel like a lot of assumptions are being made from very limited information when it comes to the Manoukian bid. I don’t think it can be dismissed as not viable from what we know of it, and if it was that obviously unviable I don’t think it would exist.
He described them as "tyre kickers"

He described them as "tyre kickers"
May well be the case but he doesn’t know that- he may have legal / financial expertise but he’s still an outsider looking in as the rest of us are. He isn’t as far as I can tell a player in that sort of world.

My guess is he’s parroting Esk lines as someone he believes to be an expert in Everton matters, regardless of whether Paul does or doesn’t have any insight into the construction of that bid.

So the A.N.Other would be Dell?

Good to see you back posting, I've always found your posts to be considered and interesting.

Esk , well where do I start. To many, probably most on here Esk is now persona non grata and he is either ignored or ridiculed save for a small band of his acolytes. It would appear that he is quite close to the Bell / Downing bid which if I'm being honest I find quite disconcerting.

If B&D succeed I'm sure that they will put a professional team in place to run the show as they have for their own successful businesses.

Jordan/ Borsun were of the option that Bell was the keener of the two so perhaps he will take a bigger equity stake and become Chair if their bid succeds. They also thought that it was likely that in time further shareholders would join taking equity ( but definitely not Dell ).

Who knows ? Pay your money take your choice
You'd have to wonder what those two know about the internal workings of Dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back