Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been funded by a criminal oligarch with very close ties to Putin for years

If you haven't checked out at this point then it's hard to claim the moral high ground.
No it's not with respect, these horrible sociopaths who buys clubs don't have any power to take the team you support away from you.

I won't be losing my match days and the vital social aspect Everton provides me, neither will I be playing the sycophant to wealthy human rights abusing belters who are intent on making the world a worse place for their bank balance. I've hated kenwright for 20 odd years and enjoyed supporting my club.

No it's not with respect, these horrible sociopaths who buys clubs don't have any power to take the team you support away from you.

I won't be losing my match days and the vital social aspect Everton provides me, neither will I be playing the sycophant to wealthy human rights abusing belters who are intent on making the world a worse place for their bank balance. I've hated kenwright for 20 odd years and enjoyed supporting my club.

Well, in that case...I'll throw a bid in myself ;)

Thanks for the confidence boost and green light :)

Maybe if we educate the Saudi's with our superior Western ideals, then maybe they will come to realise just how backward their culture is, and they will eventually understand just how important it is to promote the LGBTQ brand amongst the 0 - 95 age group.

Also known as the 'Henderson' technique.

as
The purpose of the external investment is part of Saudi's 2030 Vision to increase tourism by better promoting the country. They are prepared to do that in anyway they can positively, of which sports is a huge part of that.

If, there is genuine interest from Saudi, the fact that there would be two clubs competing in the same league would not be a problem, it gives more say in the Premier League which gives them more ability to control decisions.

Thank you.

If, and as you say if, there was genuine interest, I'd still be surprised if it was related to one sole individual. Perhaps it might be the owner or figurehead in a private organisation or private enterprise.

I would imagine the distinction between state and private is quite fluid there though. Not that such would be Evertons problem. Perhaps parallels could be drawn with Qatar where you have the state-backed QatarI Investment Authority and an individual like Sheikh Jassim.

It begs the question why they would want to be part of a consortium rather than mount their own bid. If sports washing was the aim then surely they would be front and centre of a bid.

Borsun the football finance "expert " and Jordan discussing the takeover on talkcrap.

This is Borsun's take

1. Friedkin bid doomed to fail because of his connection with Roma precluding both Everton and Roma playing in the same European competition ( if only !)

2. Manoukian bid is doomed. £400 mill "all equity " would mean that Moshiri gets nothing and existing creditors would have to take a massive haircut ( that implies that all loans have to be repaid on a change of ownership.)

3. Acap is just 777 in another guise.

4. The only credible bid is from Bell and Downing. Bell is keener than Downing . They will borrow from Dell as if it's a bank and look to restructure the debt further down the line .

5. I don't think he mentioned MSP!

Jordan pretty much concurred but added that he knew Downing very well and whilst he is a superb businessman and rabid Evertonian he had never previously expressed any interest in owning Everton.

Jordan went on to say that Moshiri will get nothing and that all other creditors will be repaid in full.

The total debt of £1 billion looks horrendous but given the PL revenue streams is manageable particularly as Everton have a huge asset in the form of BMD.

Finally the reason no gulf state is interested is because of a recent change in PL rules.

I have absolutely no idea whether what they said is right or wrong ...don't shoot the messenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back