Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of the im not supporting Everton if we get Saudi owners watched fury v usyk ?
Just asking.
I'll go further

Ever order off Amazon?
Had a game of FIFA?
Taken an Uber?
Used booking.com?
Had a Starbucks?
Saved a file as a PDF?

All the moral high ground hand wringing is fine provided it's consistent across all parts of your life.

The Saudi Government has some outdated and draconian views but the fact remains, the PIF is heavily invested in ALL of the companies above, that's just the ones off the top of my head.

Where do you draw the line? Saudi State money is everywhere. Get over it or go live in a cave and be consistent with your level of disgust.

Let's face it, there are no good billionaires.

They got there by hook and crook but mostly crook.

As an owner, all Everton fans want is to proud of their club again. We want to be competitive and have more honours so if we can owners who create business opportunities for us to grow externally which allows the sporting element of the club to be supported financially and responsibility.

I want some more transparency before making a vote personally because saying you're a blue or having one mystery Royal linked to Trillions or mates of work computers or multi club models doesn't cut.

We have been burnt to a crisp in the past with Kenwright and Moshiri doings so let's hope we find forward thinking ownership.

To be fair mate, I’m not having a go at anyone for their opinion or telling anyone else what to do, I’m just saying how I feel on the matter.

Saudis own or part own a huge range of businesses in UK-- The Independent newspaper, Heathrow Airport, bunch of apps twitter, Snapchat, uber, your local BP garages etc etc are you boycotting all these also, or would it just be Everton if Saudi deal goes ahead?....

In all this Saudi demonizing or supporting, I’d wait until something actually concrete happens as I wouldn’t trust our Barn Pot owner to sell pound for 10p!

I'll go further

Ever order off Amazon?
Had a game of FIFA?
Taken an Uber?
Used booking.com?
Had a Starbucks?
Saved a file as a PDF?

All the moral high ground hand wringing is fine provided it's consistent across all parts of your life.

The Saudi Government has some outdated and draconian views but the fact remains, the PIF is heavily invested in ALL of the companies above, that's just the ones off the top of my head.

Where do you draw the line? Saudi State money is everywhere. Get over it or go live in a cave and be consistent with your level of disgust.
“Outdated and draconian” is an appropriate description for a 70s referee like Clive Thomas, but is a particularly jarring way of describing, say, the horrific murder of Jamal Khashoggi. I’m fairly sure that most people on here have more of their identity tied up with Everton than “PDFs”, so it would be very odd if they didn’t have a different level of disgust and were reluctant to instantly sell their souls to an unnamed Saudi Prince, no questions asked.

I'll go further

Ever order off Amazon?
Had a game of FIFA?
Taken an Uber?
Used booking.com?
Had a Starbucks?
Saved a file as a PDF?

Im disappointed that Qatar or Bahrain havent made a move.

Surprised and dismayed.

I'll go further

Ever order off Amazon?
Had a game of FIFA?
Taken an Uber?
Used booking.com?
Had a Starbucks?
Saved a file as a PDF?

(I know this is offtopic, but genuinely interested here, soz mools x ) They are? How are they involved, as shadow investors or? Cuz they're not owners/co-owners at least. Only Uber is listed as an investment vehicle on their website at least, which is also a scary place as they're "investing" in about 10000 things, jesus.

And some of those companies have no need for Saudi/PIF funds to be hated to be honest, they do a lot of bad/scummy things on their own lol

I'll go further

Ever order off Amazon?
Had a game of FIFA?
Taken an Uber?
Used booking.com?
Had a Starbucks?
Saved a file as a PDF?

None of those have a personal or emotional connection through generations though.

Some may feel a football club isn't a soulless commercial and consumable entity like the ones listed.

My take on it anyway.

The morality/ownership thing is a difficult one and, as someone pointed out a few pages back, there is a surely a difference between being owned by the Saudi state and a Saudi national being a shareholder? Maybe there isn't. What would people think about a Chinese owner? That country's human rights record is nothing to write home about.

On a similar note, regards sponsorship from Stake and gambling companies we were backed by John Moores and his Littlewoods empire in the 60's. A lot of his money came from the pools business ie football gambling. In retrospect, was that wrong? I'm sure a few voices in the wilderness spoke out about that at the time.

As a few have pointed out, it's complicated.
Not even sure where I stand on this issue at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back