Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why im backing MSP for now.

$3.75mil offer for Spurs rejected.

Imagine what that could do for us...

With of couse McLaren for a sponsor :p
Tbh it’s difficult to make an informed choice about any of the bids given there’s no real communication about plans for the club other than a few sound bites being briefed via the media.

Let the chips fall where they may! Hopefully whoever comes in sorts out the finances and gets us back on the front foot in a relatively short space of time.

“Outdated and draconian” is an appropriate description for a 70s referee like Clive Thomas, but is a particularly jarring way of describing, say, the horrific murder of Jamal Khashoggi. I’m fairly sure that most people on here have more of their identity tied up with Everton than “PDFs”, so it would be very odd if they didn’t have a different level of disgust and were reluctant to instantly sell their souls to an unnamed Saudi Prince, no questions asked.
That's kinda the point I'm making.

Where do you draw the line?

Not only what happened to people like Jamal (and others), or the persecution of LGBTQ+, the ongoing war with Houthis in Yemen

How strong a feeling do you have before you protest things linked to Saudi Arabia?

As you say, People are 'more invested in Everton than PDFs ' so they'll probably give up Adobe before Everton, where is YOUR line?

Eg, not all Newcastle fans are Tea Towel wearing accolytes. There's a sizeable group who protest at every game, it doesn't stop them supporting the team.

My point was (again) the performative hand wringing from probably 30/40% of people is exactly that. Performative, based on twitter sized attention spans.

Cheers.

(I know this is offtopic, but genuinely interested here, soz mools x ) They are? How are they involved, as shadow investors or? Cuz they're not owners/co-owners at least. Only Uber is listed as an investment vehicle on their website at least, which is also a scary place as they're "investing" in about 10000 things, jesus.

And some of those companies have no need for Saudi/PIF funds to be hated to be honest, they do a lot of bad/scummy things on their own lol
They've invested in all the above. I don't think they have a board presence with any of them.

That's the point of these sovereign wealth funds though, the money is spread absolutely everywhere.

It's extremely rare for something so in your face as a football club playing in the most popular league in the world as one of your big ticket items.

Besides, the whole topic is moot anyway. Nobody knows who the mystery Saudi Royal is, the scale of his involvement with the Tech guy or even if the bid is serious.

It's just entertaining for me reading all the Mary Whitehouse pearl clutching at the prospect of Ahmed Ali Bin Saud (made up name) potentially sitting in the directors box and empty threats of not supporting the team anymore.

Where's the line?

I started watching Everton when I was 6 in 1993. In all that time i don’t think we’ve ever had anything than poor, clueless owners. Moshiri needs to get on with picking the least suitable offer on the table, at least we know where we are then. If we get taken over by anyone with anything resembling strategy or a plan, it just won’t be Everton any more in my eyes.

They've invested in all the above. I don't think they have a board presence with any of them.

That's the point of these sovereign wealth funds though, the money is spread absolutely everywhere.

It's quite rare for something so in your face as a football club playing in the most popular league in the world as one of your big ticket items.

Besides, the whole topic is moot anyway. Nobody knows who the mystery Saudi Royal is, the scale of his involvement with the Tech guy or even if the bid is serious.

It's just entertaining for me reading all the Mary Whitehouse pearl clutching at the prospect of Ahmed Ali Bin Saud (made up name) potentially sitting in the directors box and empty threats of not supporting the team anymore.

Where's the line?
Everton win, I'm happy.

Someone I've never heard of gets their head chopped off, don't care.

Thats my line.

Tbh it’s difficult to make an informed choice about any of the bids given there’s no real communication about plans for the club other than a few sound bites being briefed via the media.

Let the chips fall where they may! Hopefully whoever comes in sorts out the finances and gets us back on the front foot in a relatively short space of time.

100%

Qatar are not much better, if at all.

Bahrain Royalty are still a bit nervy on frivolous spending after an uprising a few years ago. They survived but it was a bit dodgy for a few weeks .

Qatar are next level villains compared with the Saudis. I rememer when the news came about not too many years back, maybe 2017 (?) where the other countries in the reason blacklisted them for backing terrorism and suchlike.

Bahrain solely due to the MSP relationship

According to TBR (not sure how reliable these are) a Qatari group along with 8 others have been contacted

One was linked months ago but nothing happened.

There is no point in any of us worrying about the source of any money invested in the club.We have absolutely no say in who will be the new owner .
Once it becomes settled then it is a personal choice whether you want to continue supporting the club or call it a day.
Absolutely. We’re not making the decision and we aren’t privy to what bidders’ plans are for the club or who is backing them. I mean we all knew who was bankrolling Moshiri and from a morality point of view Usmanov is highly questionable as are all the oligarchs who profiteered from the collapse of the Soviet Union. It’s the nature of the beast now the PL is such a high stakes business.

100%

Qatar are next level villains compared with the Saudis. I rememer when the news came about not too many years back, maybe 2017 (?) where the other countries in the reason blacklisted them for backing terrorism and suchlike.

Bahrain solely due to the MSP relationship

One was linked months ago but nothing happened.
Could that be cause we were still dealing with 777? Or was that before they got involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back