Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye. It is appalling

His claim 777 Partners would be best for the future of the club. Scandalous really.

He's messed up his own investment.

Kenwright being kept on. Plus all the rest of the terrible decisions

it’s mad to know the world knew 777 had no money and yet he just sat off and knowing the mess we’re in

not bothered

if he wants his money he doesn’t need to take the p!as this time

and again the clubs in his hands until he sorts it

This really is TheEsk thread now and it should not be but FWIW:

As someone who has known him for years professionally and personally some of the criticism is absurd. He is late/end career, successful, wealthy by most standards (not own a PL club standard) and very well connected in Investment Banking, Private Equity and Corprate Lawyer circles.

The ‘lad on the internet’ stuff is way off base but like everyone who offers a lot of opinions some will be wrong. Directionally it is hard to argue he was wrong on Moshiri or 777 over the last year but there have been misfires historically.

Having said that, he has always tended to talk in certainties where I see probabilities and I find myself disagreeing with quite a lot of what he is saying right now around the takeover. My hunch is he is involved/advising Bell & Downing but his health issues may also be driving some personally urgency to see us turn a corner, leading to less critical scrutiny on their bid than it merits because he has some personal connections.

In any event it is Moshiri, advised by Deloitte, who will make the decision. His is ultimately the only opinion that counts. I would like to see some evidence he understands the urgency and I wish I had confidence in his decisions. Esk’s errors occupy threads on here, Moshiri (and Kenwright) errors have threatened the very future of our club. Perspective!

Moving on ASAP from Moshiri to anyone who is not crooked/vulture capitalists (not you A-Cap) or fantasists (where I personally have Manoukian until proven otherwise) is vital for our future. MSP or B&D (or better still all of them collaborating) would be a small step forwards to put grown-ups in charge, even if neither represent the ‘dream ticket’.
This is a fair and balanced opinion.

And we'll have less of that around here, please.

As someone who has known him for years professionally and personally some of the criticism is absurd. He is late/end career, successful, wealthy by most standards (not own a PL club standard) and very well connected in Investment Banking, Private Equity and Corprate Lawyer circles.

The ‘lad on the internet’ stuff is way off base but like everyone who offers a lot of opinions some will be wrong. Directionally it is hard to argue he was wrong on Moshiri or 777 over the last year but there have been misfires historically.

Having said that, he has always tended to talk in certainties where I see probabilities and I find myself disagreeing with quite a lot of what he is saying right now around the takeover. My hunch is he is involved/advising Bell & Downing but his health issues may also be driving some personally urgency to see us turn a corner, leading to less critical scrutiny on their bid than it merits because he has some personal connections.

In any event it is Moshiri, advised by Deloitte, who will make the decision. His is ultimately the only opinion that counts. I would like to see some evidence he understands the urgency and I wish I had confidence in his decisions. Esk’s errors occupy threads on here, Moshiri (and Kenwright) errors have threatened the very future of our club. Perspective!

Moving on ASAP from Moshiri to anyone who is not crooked/vulture capitalists (not you A-Cap) or fantasists (where I personally have Manoukian until proven otherwise) is vital for our future. MSP or B&D (or better still all of them collaborating) would be a small step forwards to put grown-ups in charge, even if neither represent the ‘dream ticket’.

I agree with that

The clubs turmoil was due to that egotistical former "Chairman" who would not go and manipulated everyone for 30 years and treated the club as his personal property (never even owning more than 30% of the shares at any point!)

and the idiot majority shareholder said "Chairman" brought in

We need a totally different corporate approach going forward. As a club and business

Where stakeholders have a say in their club

The leak will have been Bell and Downing making bid, “backed” by MSD Partners. Then just leave the media and the masses to make up the rest about Mr Dell himself already dishing out laptops at Finch Farm. Coupled with a not very cryptic tweet from you know who about what a day of wonderful news it had been etc etc etc. Business people playing with the media, media playing with the fans, then egotists running alongside this insinuating they know more than everyone else. Ad infinitum. Turn a blind eye.
My feeling is they maybe expected to be the only gig in town and their little media campaign over the weekend is because they are under a bit of pressure now hence wanting to look like they are hanging around with the biggest boy in the playground (even though he's not even in the playground). If they were super confident in their offer they'd have no need.

They may even be behind the Kenny King stories, he's the one guy we know we definitely don't want so stories about him being a possibility might scare people to back "anyone but...".

Having said all that, public / fan opinion might not have the slightest influence on Moshiri anyway.

Lets take a step back from the person and look at one scenario mentioned previously...

...Administration.

That comment was swiftly taken up by the media and while panic is a strong word there was certainly surprise on this forum.

I was bewildered for the following reasons:

1: Why an Evertonian would push that narrative unless they had information that a person, entity or group would come in to 'save' the club at a low entry level price.

Meanwhile, Club staff and players would be let go and both the image of the club, squad strength and peoples lives would all suffer. In fact just the notion of it isnt exactly bolstering the current management efforts in the transfer market.

2: It does not favour any of MSP, R&M, 777 etc etc. It is illogical and quite literally makes no sense.

3: For all of his faults it would in no way benefit the current club ownership.

If we then take point 1 and fast forward to the current public support of one group it could be seen that perhaps they were going to be the vultures picking up the club for a song due to being in administration.

The number of bids has surprised them and while this is all conjecture it is joined up thinking. To then see narratives pushed on Dell and Evertonians being deserving of support...

Maybe Im seeing something that isnt there but I think its fair to wonder whether this kind of talk hasnt been part of a longer term (poorly executed in my opinion) strategy.

I must be a bit thick but I don’t see the benefit of leaking anything. The fact is Moshiri will sell to the one he can get the most money off in the shortest possible time. Fans can have a preference but he won’t be listening. I think everyone will know that.

Lets not discount that some people publicly bid for companies and push news stories out there for two opposite reasons:
1: They have no real intention of buying the firm but want the publicity
2: They want to pressure the sale through public opinion

Whatever it is, there will have been a strategy behind it.

I'm not going to go explaining point by point the posts, social media entries or podcasts of someone else.

I've simply said let people speak and share their views. Not as you're doing.

Erm, ive already stated many times there are no right nor wrong views at this time as there is no information available.

Ive given you an opportunity, youve declined it.

The leak will have been Bell and Downing making bid, “backed” by MSD Partners. Then just leave the media and the masses to make up the rest about Mr Dell himself already dishing out laptops at Finch Farm. Coupled with a not very cryptic tweet from you know who about what a day of wonderful news it had been etc etc etc. Business people playing with the media, media playing with the fans, then egotists running alongside this insinuating they know more than everyone else. Ad infinitum. Turn a blind eye.

100%

My feeling is they maybe expected to be the only gig in town and their little media campaign over the weekend is because they are under a bit of pressure now hence wanting to look like they are hanging around with the biggest boy in the playground (even though he's not even in the playground). If they were super confident in their offer they'd have no need.

They may even be behind the Kenny King stories, he's the one guy we know we definitely don't want so stories about him being a possibility might scare people to back "anyone but...".

Having said all that, public / fan opinion might not have the slightest influence on Moshiri anyway.

100%

Everton owner Farhad Moshiri has received a fresh bid to buy the club from a UK-based investor, Vici Private Finance, which is backed by at least two billionaires.

It involves no borrowed money and is believed that proof of funds of about £1 billion in cash have been shown. External funding is not required, ensuring an agreement could be executed quickly if Moshiri decides to give the group the green light.

As I said, it always the 1s nobody talks about that slip in the backdoor.

Sniff it Bell and Downing.

Mate, its nearly 2am here. Your timing is killing me :)

LOOKS LIKE I'M CHANGING MY VOTE AGAIN:

"It involves no borrowed money and is believed that proof of funds of about £1 billion in cash have been shown. External funding is not required, ensuring an agreement could be executed quickly if Moshiri decides to give the group the green light."

Could this finally be the exciting bid were waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back