Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the AS Roma guy buys the club and we was to qualify for the champions league. Would we have to sit it out as you can't have two teams owned by the same guy?
Wouldn’t surprise me ….being banned from Europe seems to be our m.o through no fault of our own

There’s a lot of negativity on here but at the end of the day we simply don’t know how any of the prospective new owners will pan out. At least this one have experience in running a top football club. I highly doubt Roma will be the top priority, if anything it will be the other way around, most likely we’ll be viewed equally.
If they take over we need to get behind them and start positively. Judge them by their actions and not condemn them before they even start.
I'm reading the exact same things on the Roma board or on reddit/asroma. Very funny because both parties seem to be somehow worried.

As of now, this seems to be something new. Other groups have a defined hierarchy. But Everton and Roma are almost equal. We could make points to put one above the other, but it would be difficult for any of us to have the last word. Yes, Roma's recent history is better, but Everton is in the premier league. And the premier league alone means a lot. We could go on for days without reaching consensus on this matter.

Perhaps Nottingham-Olympiakos is something similar? Lina Souloukou, former CEO of Olympiakos, Is now CEO of Roma.

It could be a strategy, or...

Over the last two years rumors about a Roma takeover by an Arabic sovereign fund have surfaced many times. It could be that they're setting things up to sell Roma.

Well they’re going to be limited in how much profit they can make if our team is rubbish - there’s only so much they exploit the local and wider fanbase with a 15th placed team - i don’t know what current commercial income breakdown looks like but I’d imagine the vast majority is TV revenue and for the bigger clubs its the worldwide fanbase which has grown due to success which attracts more lucrative sponsorships and that drives any revenue or profit.

They could get us PL mid-table each each season and sell up with a massive profit down the line.

How would that be a fitting future for us though?

They could get us PL mid-table each each season and sell up with a massive profit down the line.

How would that be a fitting future for us though?
That won't be their ambition. They will want us to qualify for Europe every year as that will increase awareness of the club.

€400m of that €650m sum is the ‘debt mass’ accumulated by the Toffees according to the newspaper, who add that the Friedkin’s objective is to add Everton and continue building to a multi-club model like others around Europe.

This might be key... sounds like the debt is being paid off and Moshiri is taking a smaller amount on what hes owed.....

Spending minimised to small transfer fees on younger players, scouting being emphasised, bringing through academy players.

All well and good if you have the infrastructure and individual talent at recruitment level. We don't. If that model is applied here we'll continue to struggle badly in the next 3-5 years at least as that plan is put into action.

We need cash spent here. And notwithstanding PSR concerns, a lot of i.

Get you're meaning, but things take time, we have to build the club after so much Commercial stagnation, improve our income streams, these are not just football men, they have experience, they are also astute businessmen, who hopefully know how to run a football club ...with professionals running it.
Instead of your usual Dr Doom gloom about everything, let's just give them a chance to even move in. Jesus is there a more pessimistic man in the known Universe than you ?

the Friedkin’s objective is to add Everton and continue building to a multi-club model like others around Europe.

They add that there is no plan to step away from Roma or ‘disengage on any front’, but they want to demonstrate an ‘extraordinary solidity’. In simpler terms, Roma and Cannes won’t be abandoned and Everton won’t be getting any more attention than them either.
Sounds inspirational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back