Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont believe in multi-club ownership.

Anyone on here who says they feel easy about being a client of a conglomerate is lying.
Exactly. Taking care of one club is much easier than splitting resources to a number of clubs. Imagine if they have 300m for transfer funds. How does it split between 3 clubs. It’s not rocket science.

It wouldn’t be fitting at all….admittedly I’m not completely business savvy at those levels but I just don’t see how you make much of a profit doing that. It may be part of their strategy but I would have thought improving the team would be part of that strategy. It’s how they do it is the question.
They could marginally do that and have us like Brighton (at best) and still make a massive killing on Everton.

You were one of Moshiri's biggest defenders, and were so until very late in the day. I remember clashing with you about Moshiri often enough.

Of all people you should be exercising caution about new owners.

I was, think it was called relief, but that relief started to fade when he kept all the hangers on to run the club, a grave mistake. But I will admit I was overjoyed when he came, don't forget Dave we were very deep in debt, the banks had long since turned us away and the Wolves were at the door.
99.9% of our fans never possessed you're natural pessimism, you're sense of impending doom or you're second sight. I will, along with the other 99.9% of Everton fans welcome our new owners and give them every chance, unlike you, whose campaign has already started it seems.

Exactly. Taking care of one club is much easier than splitting resources to a number of clubs. Imagine if they have 300m for transfer funds. How does it split between 3 clubs. It’s not rocket science.
We have a fan base that's been traumatised in the last three seasons or so. Many seem grateful and relieved that we'll get another owner in who might change the direction.

But that means they're not being as critical as they should be to this rancid model they deploy.

It depends on their M O. If they want to run us at break even, increase the value of the club and then sell that's fine, it's what FSG are doing with the rs If they want to take dividends out, I'm not so keen.
Guess what, they are all in it for the money.
The days of putting money because you love the club in has gone.
Americans are in it to create a closed shop league of no relegation and then rinse the the tv rights.

I was, think it was called relief, but that relief started to fade when he kept all the hangers on to run the club, a grave mistake. But I will admit I was overjoyed when he came, don't forget Dave we were very deep in debt, the banks had long since turned us away and the Wolves were at the door.
99.9% of our fans never possessed you're natural pessimism, you're sense of impending doom or you're second sight. I will, along with the other 99.9% of Everton fans welcome our new owners and give them every chance, unlike you, whose campaign has already started it seems.
...your support for him was maintained long after that.

The vaults are your enemy here...

You were one of Moshiri's biggest defenders, and were so until very late in the day. I remember clashing with you about Moshiri often enough.

Of all people you should be exercising caution about new owners.

There’s caution and then there’s just writing off an owner before they’ve set foot in the door like you’ve done here. Why don’t we just ALL proceed with caution, you included, and give an owner the benefit of the doubt until they give us a reason not to.

some would argue Everton were the original conglomerate club

Sir John moores owned multiple businesses everton being one of his portfolio
His family held a lot of shares inLiverpool and Everton. But his investment was on EFC.

I stand to be corrected on this though, it was more through loans that he controlled Everton rather than share ownership...

...your support for him was maintained long after that.

The vaults are your enemy here...

Again I make no bones about that, he invested his money, building us a new stadium, there were good things along the way to ruin, but of course, you just concentrate on the bad things Dr Doom. And scaremongering you're ideal at that.

They could marginally do that and have us like Brighton (at best) and still make a massive killing on Everton.
An article I’ve seen says he will buy us for around €650m which is about £550m so if he has say a five year plan, and wants to keep us like Brighton the main differentiator is possibly the stadium asset improving the value. Quite honestly though I haven’t got a clue.😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back