Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s caution and then there’s just writing off an owner before they’ve set foot in the door like you’ve done here. Why don’t we just ALL proceed with caution, you included, and give an owner the benefit of the doubt until they give us a reason not to.
I write off the model. Yes. Guilty.

It'll bring us no good.

He's a butterfly collector.

Schick, Defrel, Dzeko, Veretout, Ibanez and Kluivert seemed decent for you...not top class but good players for you?

Many others sold include youngsters to Ajax etc. It does seem youre turning a corner now with Doue linked. He could do a job for us too.

You must be excited with the legendary manager and new DOF joining. Hopefully now a corner can be turned.
Out of those you mentioned, perhaps just Dzeko ans Schick were worth something. But Dzeko had his prime past his shoulders and unfortunately Schick never worked for us. He was great at Sampdoria and he's doing great things now in Germany. Certain players are good, they just don't fit a specific club.

Defrel and Kluivert were garbage, Veretout and Ibanez just average players.

Nobody blamed Friedkin for selling these players, with the exception of Dzeko that had scored a lot in the previous years and was loved by the fans.

Tell me you think it's good we're getting owners who'll make us one of 4/5/6 other football club's in his portfolio.

Tell me THAT...
I suspect he will sell Roma if the rumoured interest from the Middle East is true in which case we would be the top of the existing pyramid which I could see benefits in in terms exclusively of player trading

Again I make no bones about that, he invested his money, building us a new stadium, there were good things along the way to ruin, but of course, you just concentrate on the bad things Dr Doom. And scaremongering you're ideal at that.
Defending Moshiri...even now.

And you wonder why I'm reminding people like you to stay vigilant about the latest spiv.

I write off the model. Yes. Guilty.

It'll bring us no good.

He's a butterfly collector.

I don’t think the multi club model is good for football in general either. But it is a thing whether we like it or not. I was never expecting an ideal owner who ticked every single box, but as long as they’re not Moshiri and Moshiri no longer has anything to do with this football club going forward, I will take it. These last few years have brought us to our knees, and we just need to be helped back up for now.

I know these figures are probably out of date but at an estimate what would this potentially look like after acquisition?
  • £450 million - Moshiri.
  • £225 million - Rights And Media Funding
  • £190 million - 777.
  • £159 million - MSP.
  • £5 million - Metro Bank.
Would it Be:-
  • £450 million - Moshiri.
  • £225 million - Rights And Media Funding
  • £190 million - 777.
  • £159 million - MSP.
  • £5 million - Metro Bank.

Out of those you mentioned, perhaps just Dzeko ans Schick were worth something. But Dzeko had his prime past his shoulders and unfortunately Schick never worked for us. He was great at Sampdoria and he's doing great things now in Germany. Certain players are good, they just don't fit a specific club.

Defrel and Kluivert were garbage, Veretout and Ibanez just average players.

Nobody blamed Friedkin for selling these players, with the exception of Dzeko that had scored a lot in the previous years and was loved by the fans.

It’s all relative.

‘Average’ for AS Roma is probably ‘very good’ for Everton.

Thank you for joining the forum and sharing your experiences and opinions. I think we have quite a lot in common as clubs in two fantastic historic cities and there are very few clubs I’d rather be linked to from a footballing perspective.
Thank you,

the funny thing is...we share a certain "dislike" for Liverpool FC. 😁

I don't know where this road will lead us, but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

His family held a lot of shares inLiverpool and Everton. But his investment was on EFC.

I stand to be corrected on this though, it was more through loans that he controlled Everton rather than share ownership...
Yeah I know the history side ..
But my point was we have been part of a conglomerate type ownership before..

Didn’t work out to bad last time

I don’t think the multi club model is good for football in general either. But it is a thing whether we like it or not. I was never expecting an ideal owner who ticked every single box, but as long as they’re not Moshiri and Moshiri no longer has anything to do with this football club going forward, I will take it. These last few years have brought us to our knees, and we just need to be helped back up for now.
That's a very low bar you set them.

We're better than that...or should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back