Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know these figures are probably out of date but at an estimate what would this potentially look like after acquisition?
  • £450 million - Moshiri.
  • £225 million - Rights And Media Funding
  • £190 million - 777.
  • £159 million - MSP.
  • £5 million - Metro Bank.
Would it Be:-
  • £190 million - 777.
  • £159 million - MSP.

Moshiri will not be getting that much money back the assumption is that MSP and RMF get paid off as part of the overall takeover figure which just leaves 777 with the most debt on the club

I know these figures are probably out of date but at an estimate what would this potentially look like after acquisition?
  • £190 million - 777.
  • £159 million - MSP.
Would it Be:-
  • £190 million - 777.
  • £159 million - MSP.
Moshiri shareholder loans - written off to zero
RMF and MSP senior loans - repaid
777 subordinated loan - I think they will hold fire given wider 777 issues

Defending Moshiri...even now.

And you wonder why I'm reminding people like you to stay vigilant about the latest spiv.

So you're calling him a " spiv" even before he's set foot in through the door. And no I'm not defending him just repeating what actually happened and what is happening. Did you miss the bit about leading our club to ruin, ah thought so. As for the wonderful ground were building, the vaults won't be very kind to you will they mate. You brought the vaults up..

I'm reading the exact same things on the Roma board or on reddit/asroma. Very funny because both parties seem to be somehow worried.

As of now, this seems to be something new. Other groups have a defined hierarchy. But Everton and Roma are almost equal. We could make points to put one above the other, but it would be difficult for any of us to have the last word. Yes, Roma's recent history is better, but Everton is in the premier league. And the premier league alone means a lot. We could go on for days without reaching consensus on this matter.

Perhaps Nottingham-Olympiakos is something similar? Lina Souloukou, former CEO of Olympiakos, Is now CEO of Roma.

It could be a strategy, or...

Over the last two years rumors about a Roma takeover by an Arabic sovereign fund have surfaced many times. It could be that they're setting things up to sell Roma.
Interesting to see how it plays out. I have a soft spot for Roma because of Totti and Cassano. You don’t get many like that anymore. They have more of a global standing in the game because they have had more success over the last 25 years as the sport has globalised. The fact we have existed 50 years longer with more domestic titles counts for little. Perhaps there is more potential in Everton because of the power of English. It will depend how the landscape evolves in the next couple of decades and whether there is a shift away from the domestic game

Hopefully there will be some economies of scale and synergies to be gained from the relationship. I suspect that one of the clubs will be sold within 2 or 3 years. It is clear the Roma need a new stadium. I would be concerned about how a huge capital project like that might impact investment into Everton

Thats what I've said and think too. 777 is in serious trouble and they might take a chance that they don't have to pay back the full amount.
Yeah the report from Italy that they would pay 400m€ of debt stacks up because that would roughly = MSP and RMF. It would be a great start to get RMF out of the club in particular.

Like you say if the 777 repayment terms are not imminent it’s maybe worth sitting with that one to see how things pan out.

Moshiri shareholder loans - written off to zero
RMF and MSP senior loans - repaid
777 subordinated loan - I think they will hold fire given wider 777 issues

That would be £834 millionish off the debts. That would make the world look a different place!

Time to celebrate if it goes through?

£450 million - Moshiri.
£225 million - Rights And Media Funding

£190 million - 777.
£159 million - MSP.
£5 million - Metro Bank.

44th on the forbes list for US privately owned companies with $11billion a year revenue.

They owe Roma and Cannes
They're definitely solid.

15 years ago this financial power would've been enough to do great things both In Italy and the UK. Now the Premier League has gone completely crazy with oil money and foreign TV rights, while Serie A is more or less still there.

The source of their wealth is Toyota distribution in the US, but since 2000 they have started expanding in various direction: luxury hotels (Auberge Resort), cinema and sport. Dan Friedkin is a big name in Hollywood. Among others, he produced Killers of the flower moon, the latest Scorsese film starring DiCaprio.
When after Roma he bought Cannes, I was expecting him to buy Herta Berlin or Venezia to establish the Europan Cinema football League. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back