Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, why do Roma hate Liverpool?
They’re incredibly hate-able so I am not surprised but it’s always fun to hear reasons!
European Cup Final 1984.

We played at home. They won. Their goal should have been disallowed. The game ended 1-1, they won on penalties.

This is something Roma fans still remember and talk about. 😁

They also defeated us in UCL semifinal in 2018.

Part of the hate our previous owner got from the fans is due to the fact that he sold Alisson and Salah to Liverpool. We played that semifinal the season after Salah's sale. What would've happened if he still played for us? The owner still went on to sell Alisson to Liverpool after the semifinal. 😁

I'd rather not have us part of a multi-club model. But to these people, clubs are ultimately businesses. I don't have an issue with thinking like that as long as it would mean we are well-run and sustainable.

We need to see the finer terms of any deal and there are plenty of people who can be analytical in that respect in due course.

Friedkin seems a better bet than most of the other contenders. We knew very little of the Manoukian and Vici bids. Bell//Downing lacked the resources and MSP never really seemed up for it. So any deal is a trade-off assuming the perfect investor doesn't rock up in the form of Qatar etc. There seemed to be positivity towards Textor within another multi-club model but he wasn't in a position to proceed. If Qatar/other were interested they would have bid and been successful.

Unless there are obvious red flags like those with 777, then my way is to give qualified support at the beginning and let them get on with it. I'm sure they will say the right things if the period of exclusivity is confirmed. Ultimately it's what they do and don't do.

It shouldn't be difficult to make drastic improvements on how we operate, and that had to be a big advantage for them if they take up the mantle in the right way. Let's see.

Damn if that was cleared as well the stadium is bascially paid for and we have no loans?

This almost sounds to good what am I missing?! I know there is still some building costs but....

That's as far as my knowledge goes, I am sure any other loans will be addressed by the new owner and would seek out the best possible option so the club can have brighter future

Who are your better players now?
I know these figures are probably out of date but at an estimate what would this potentially look like after acquisition?
  • £450 million - Moshiri.
  • £225 million - Rights And Media Funding
  • £190 million - 777.
  • £159 million - MSP.
  • £5 million - Metro Bank.
Would it Be:-
  • £450 million - Moshiri.
  • £225 million - Rights And Media Funding
  • £190 million - 777.
  • £159 million - MSP.
  • £5 million - Metro Bank.

Per Corriere Dello Sport

Home Europe From Italy: Financial details of Friedkin bid for Everton, Toffees part of...

EUROPEPREMIER LEAGUEEVERTONITALYFrom Italy: Financial details of Friedkin bid for Everton, Toffees part of grander plans

By Sean Lunt -

15th June 2024

Roma owner Dan Friedkin will pay €650m to buy Everton from Farhad Moshiri, as he looks to wrap up a deal for the Toffees quickly.

That’s according to Corriere dello Sport, who provide the Italian slant on the impending takeover today after reports yesterday Friedkin had emerged as the preferred bidder for Moshiri.

The newspaper reports that Friedkin and his team are finalising the acquisition of Everton after reaching an agreement with Moshiri.

0:00/0:00

The Roma owner appears to be in pole position to win the race to buy the Toffees and has already ‘refined the details’ of the possible takeover.

The American wants to add Everton to his collection of clubs, currently Roma and Cannes, and will pay €650m to acquire Moshiri’s 94% shares in the club.

€400m of that €650m sum is the ‘debt mass’ accumulated by the Toffees according to the newspaper, who add that the Friedkin’s objective is to add Everton and continue building to a multi-club model like others around Europe.

They add that there is no plan to step away from Roma or ‘disengage on any front’, but they want to demonstrate an ‘extraordinary solidity’. In simpler terms, Roma and Cannes won’t be abandoned and Everton won’t be getting any more attention than them either.

It’s now up to the relevant parties to get the deal over line, but Friedkin is now the front runner and looking likely to be the next owner at Goodison Park.

Can’t help but feel there might be another twist in this yet.
Like Moshiri will wait and see if anyone else ups their offer for his shares before officially granting Freidkin exclusivity.

This lot don’t seem the most exciting prospective owners, but definitely a more sensible choice than most of the alternatives.
I might sound a bit silly here, but does he have to be given or actually need "exclusivity" if he is the only one to have put an offer in?

Last edited:

Didn't the Esk say there was no substance to there bid, know the the best thing since sliced bread.
That was because at the time the bid was only for 45% and it made no sense due to potential multi-club issues with European competition.

Personally, I think Friedkin will either dispose of Roma or UEFA will come to some sort of compromise regarding multi-club ownership.

That was because at the time the bid was only for 45% and it made no sense due to potential multi-club issues with European competition.

Personally, I think Friedkin will either dispose of Roma or UEFA will come to some sort of compromise regarding multi-club ownership.
Im confused, wasnt it sorted out already with the RedBull thing?

Correction, no, it isnt sorted.

Wonder what set Fredkin group apart from the other bidders to be picked by Moshiri?

I trust his decision making not a lot, but i wonder what they brought to the table that differentiated them from the bidders in his mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back