Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading the exact same things on the Roma board or on reddit/asroma. Very funny because both parties seem to be somehow worried.

As of now, this seems to be something new. Other groups have a defined hierarchy. But Everton and Roma are almost equal. We could make points to put one above the other, but it would be difficult for any of us to have the last word. Yes, Roma's recent history is better, but Everton is in the premier league. And the premier league alone means a lot. We could go on for days without reaching consensus on this matter.

Perhaps Nottingham-Olympiakos is something similar? Lina Souloukou, former CEO of Olympiakos, Is now CEO of Roma.

It could be a strategy, or...

Over the last two years rumors about a Roma takeover by an Arabic sovereign fund have surfaced many times. It could be that they're setting things up to sell Roma.
Thanks for the post, and while we may not understand yet the full details of the arrangement I would be proud to be associated with your club, always had a lot of time for your team and the values of your fan base probably align a lot with ours.

That would be £834 millionish off the debts. That would make the world look a different place!

Time to celebrate if it goes through?

£450 million - Moshiri.
£225 million - Rights And Media Funding

£190 million - 777.
£159 million - MSP.
£5 million - Metro Bank.

It’s a much more manageable position especially when you consider that the stadium will be an asset on the balance sheet with a book value of over £500m.

Lot of hints from Italian media are Roma would be the groups focus.

However i would suggest that might not be true.

The Prem has many faults but it is the biggest league in the world for coverage/sponsorships/interest in rest of the world.

Friedkin May soon realise the real cash cow is Everton…with prem tv money/potential sponsorship of the new ground/shirts etc

I see no reason why as some suggested he clears our debts and then does nothing with us than gives us loans/frees.

Why clear 400 million debt, pay to finish a new ground to see us finish 12th every season

So just need to avoid a high interest loan on paying back 777 the £200 million?

777's loan is unsecured so doesn't need to be paid off asap, though A-Cap who have taken ownership of it could turn it into a minority stake in Everton but I don't know how that would work out and if any such action would include any owner of Everton buying their shares over a period of time

Thanks for the post, and while we may not understand yet the full details of the arrangement I would be proud to be associated with your club, always had a lot of time for your team and the values of your fan base probably align a lot with ours.
Thank you,

after all friendship and fair play were the two pillars of football when it was conceived. Let's hope this arrangement - which is undoubtedly a curious one - will bring benefits on both parts and reinforce the links between two communities and two cities.

Not going to draw any conclusion on this for a while. Watching brief.

My immediate hope is just for clarity and stability, that even this news may bring, that is badly needed.

Also the immediate need for funding the club in terms of cashflow in the coming months and funding the stadium.

Next thing to look at are medium term plans, by that i mean the debt package and possibility of recapitalizing the business and recovering the club.

The proof ultimately is going to be implementation, plans and strategies in successfully recovering the club and that wont be evident for a while.

This wont be my first rodeo with new owners, so ill hold a watching brief and judge on actions rather then hype, they will get a fair crack - but ultimately judgements will be based on actions and the results of those.

Out of interest, why do Roma hate Liverpool?
They’re incredibly hate-able so I am not surprised but it’s always fun to hear reasons!
They're hated sll over Italy after what happened at Heysel. Fiorentina don't mind them cause they hate Juventus.

777's loan is unsecured so doesn't need to be paid off asap, though A-Cap who have taken ownership of it could turn it into a minority stake in Everton but I don't know how that would work out and if any such action would include any owner of Everton buying their shares over a period of time

Damn if that was cleared as well the stadium is bascially paid for and we have no loans?

This almost sounds to good what am I missing?! I know there is still some building costs but....

Can’t help but feel there might be another twist in this yet.
Like Moshiri will wait and see if anyone else ups their offer for his shares before officially granting Freidkin exclusivity.

This lot don’t seem the most exciting prospective owners, but definitely a more sensible choice than most of the alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back