Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s called covering all sides. “It might happen it might not” I’m telling you right now he won’t be taking over Everton

Breaking News
That’s called covering all sides. “It might happen it might not” I’m telling you right now he won’t be taking over Everton

i don't see fans accepting A-cap taking over it'd be only short-term though until the new stadium is finished,

On the prospects of European football for Everton. I'm giving a look at the situation: it's not unlikely in 2 year imho.

This season you finished 15th with 40 points, but you had 8 points deducted if I'm not mistaken. On the field, you gained 48 points, which would've meant 11th place alongside Brighton and Bournemouth, just 1 point behind Crystal Palace. As of now, with all these financial problems and in the midst of a take-over, which negatively affects stability within the club, you're a mid-table team. Which already means a lot if you compete in the Premier League. We're talking about the most competitive league in the world. It's not that bad. And you're not running at maximum speed, because of the financial burdens and a changing ownership.

What do you find beyond Crystal Palace? West Ham. But West Ham is an "ordinary" team. No oil money, no tricks. It can be overcome pretty easily.

Then you find the 8 giants. Here it gets difficult. But:

1) Aston Villa is financially sound, but nowhere near City, Chelsea, United. This means if you work well, you can go up. What makes me mad is that Monchi is doign a great work there, while in Rome he was awful. 😂

2) Next season, thanks to UEFA coefficient, 5 Italian teams will take part to the Champions League. This means that Fiorentina, despite finishing 8th, will take part to the Conference League. Considering the financial power of English teams, it's likely that next year or in 2 years, 8th place in the Premier League will mean European football (Conference League).

It's feasible, you're almost there. You won't have to pull off a miracle to reach the 8th place. Considering your untapped potential, just solving financial problems and giving more stability may be enough for the Friedkin Group to get you there in 2 years.

At that point, Roma should be in Europa League or - let's hope - in Champions League. So no problem.

From 8th place to 4th is extremely tough. To bridge this gap, stability won't be enough. You'll have to outsmart some wealthier competitor, even though you'll have a new stadium with higher matchday income. I think the first problems may arise in 2028 with Everton in Europa League if Roma isn't in UCL or even later should we stabilise at the top 4 in Serie A (not impossible, after 2000 we've had many consecutive years of UCL).

We're talking about a problem that is likely to become relevant in 4 or 5 years, during which new regulations about this specific problem may be laid down.

Yes, it's even possible you make an immediate exploit. In that case...I think they already have plans that take this possibility into consideration.

@RealEFCInsider you wanna tell this AS Roma fan what you've told us all on here that you think Friedkin is not taking over Everton

I wasn't being serious really, but the multi-club thing does bother me. Whichever way you dress it up, there always has to be a lead club in these setups, which means fans of any of the other clubs end up feeling like an afterthought. No fan should feel like anyone to do with their club isn't all-in. It goes against the whole idea of a "club". Just spoils it.
Amen.

So will Freidkin be standing against the wall in Finch Farm holding up the deeds?
1718558787195.webp

Ezekiel 25:17
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Does Marcellus Wallace look like a bitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back