Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1000050951.webp

@AS Roma_fan haven't the Saudis been sniffing around for several months?
There have been rumors around about the Saudis since last year. To be honest it's an even older story. When Matteo Renzi was Prime Minister, the press reported he held talks with representatives of a sovereign fund about a possible Roma takeover. I don't know why, since he's a Fiorentina fan. 😆 He's a personal friend of bin-salman though, the Saudi prince.

Then for years nobody talked about it until last year. There's been some media buzz, to the point the Friedkins themselves had to release a statement saying that they weren't interested in selling the club. And trust me, this is a rare event. They simply don't talk to anybody. The press goes crazy with them.

I don't know. We got the impression something happened in the background, but the rumours slowly faded away. Now someone is bringing the matter on the table again. But it's more like an attempt at understanding what's happening with Everton. Many believe they'll sell Roma soon. I don't know and honestly I don't agree, since they have changed manager, DoF and strategy. Something you don't do if you're going to sell the club. I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but I don't think it will happen soon.

We should also take into account that a Saudi takeover wold be embarrassing for the Pope. 😂

Last edited:
There have been rumors around about the Saudis since last year. To be honest it's an even older story. When Matteo Renzi was Prime Minister, the press reported he held talks with representatives of a sovereign fund about a possible Roma takeover. I don't know why, since he's a Fiorentina fan. 😆 He's a personal friend of bin-salman though, the Saudi prince.

Then for years nobody talked about it until last year. There's been some media buzz, to the point the Friedkins themselves had to release a statement saying that they weren't interested in selling the club. And trust me, this is a rare event. They simply don't talk to anybody. The press goes crazy with them.

I don't know. We got the impression something happened in the background, but the rumours slowly faded away. Now someone is bringing the matter on the table again. But it's more like an attempt at understanding what's happening with Everton. Many believe they'll sell Roma soon. I don't know and honestly I don't agree, since they have changed manager, DoF and strategy. Something you don't do if you're going to sell the club. I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but I don't think it will happen soon.

We should also take into account that a Saudi takeover wold be embarrassing for the Pope. 😂
Just pretend that they're Nazis, that'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back