Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also according to this he's been in with MSP the whole time. Making this even worse, not only is he throwing this kind of disgusting info out now, he's probably only been doing it all along to ruin fan perception of other "rival" bids. Obviously 777 were crooks, but he was on about Friedkin the other day firstly, not being serious, then secondly saying that he doesn't have the money or something.

It might be a dramatic word to use, but this is treachery against the club in my opinion. He's taken advantage of the position he's had within the Everton fanbase who's well thought of (for some reason, god knows why?) and he's only used it to further his own position, not the position of the club. Not only should he not be listened to any more, the lad should not have access to these platforms to do this. I know it's not exactly insider trading, but he's clearly poisoning the well.

Oh boy you should have seen him when he was a mod on here. Claiming stadium announcements were due when it was in its infancy, and then deleted his said tweets and denying what he did.

Thanks mate. Sorry can't really reveal more. To be clear, I am representing my clients rather being the person with the dole. But yes, we did a fair amount of work on the transaction and met with the advisors in London. Unfortunately as you can expect it is not a straight deal. The senior debt part which is collateralized against is stadium is easy or straightforward (you will have tons of people willing to lend against a hard asset like that), but the equity or junior debt portion is where things get tricky. You really have to believe in the turnaround story of the club, not only from the earnings which the new stadium can generate in the coming season, but the also team as a whole. It is not a mere financial return thing at this stage because it's real dollars at risk here, and quite frankly even billionaires of the world will be scared seeing how FM bled out hundreds of millions of dollars here before.

I don't know a lot about the other bidders frankly but yes Dan is the closest at this stage. I was reading Mourinho's rant against him (https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ose-mourinho-handed-everton-takeover-29331244) and got a little worried. I am not too sure how much of it is true, but he does certainly seem like the party with the most dollar on the table now. If you don't hear in the next 24-48 hours, then I think other bidders have a chance.

I have had an investment career for close two decades and never in my wildest dream would think I can be doing something for my club now. As I said in posts from before there are toffees at work trying to make it happen (just look at what I wrote a few weeks back). I really hope something can happen should the bid fall through. I don't think I can fulfill on my earlier promise to name the parent investment vehicle GrandOldTeam, but maybe I can for the sleeve I am responsible for. In any way, it is a big mountain to roll a stone up on top of. Time is really running tight and expect news in the next couple of weeks.

I can try to answer general questions here but sorry, nothing confidential can be said at this point.

Dan Friedkin has got the club 😳 exclusively tomorrow

Why would anyone use the Esk in a professional capacity?

He’s an armchair accountant at best and runs for the hills when challenged by those with actual financial knowledge.

At first I viewed him as a comedy distraction but he’s actually quite dangerous - there are a worrying number of ‘flat earthers’ who believe his ramblings.

Mate I just genuinely think we get bogged down with talking about him.

If I've come across like an arse in my last few posts am sorry but am interested in what going on with the current takeover.

I also wish he would go away out of the spotlight so we stop talking about him, but his ego will not allow him to do that. I don’t blame the people that are talking about him, he’s made himself a very public figure and invites it willingly.

I also wish he would go away out of the spotlight so we stop talking about him, but his ego will not allow him to do that. I don’t blame the people that are talking about him, he’s made himself a very public figure and invites it willingly.

He goes on talkpsort as an “Everton financial expert” btw.

Did the tour at the liver building for the new stadium they said he’s an utter headcase.

Spot on Mikey.

When you have the audience he’s manipulating, who are not very commercially aware, its causes distress to the fanbase.

He’s the source of all the administration chat that ended up getting out into the media a few months ago. Very dangerous individual and bad for the football club. Needs to be kept firmly at arms length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back