Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had many buyers after us Mosiri as I expected has picked the deal that suits him not our club - time will tell - but at least its a big investor with football knowledge of running a football club ....

We had many buyers after us Mosiri as I expected has picked the deal that suits him not our club - time will tell - but at least its a big investor with football knowledge of running a football club ....
Of all those in the running, the Friedkin group tick most of the boxes. I agree that Moshiri was always going to pick the best deal for him, but these look like they might be the best for the club also. I'd be made up if they get it over the line.

Last edited:
I really hope this goes through. They have more than half an idea how to run a football club as a business, they have money and stability behind them and I think they would be in it for the medium to long term. The other good thing about them is that they have absolutely no connection to, or relationship with, the Kenwright/Moshiri crowd, this would enable us to finally move ahead without the stink of the past 3 decades clinging to us.

What we can say for sure is that Cannes could serve as the perfect feeder club for both teams. If they reach ligue 1 from the 4th division, they'll be more than happy. I cant't see Cannes fans making revolts because they can't go beyond mid-table. At that point we could have this privileged access to the French youth market which is enormous and extends to the former french colonies in north Africa. Ligue 1 is also perfect to test young players because it's not particularly demanding physically and mentally speaking.

I see it as a huge plus that they dont think dyche is fit to be our manager.

I think hes a poor manager and it would shows they obviously want more for the club then for us to be lower mid table.

His managerial style doesnt lend to stability either. 7 games without a win at the start of last season, 14 games without a win mid season? That isnt a anomaly its how his record at Burnley was as well.

If theres someone there whos better get them in.
I doubt very much that they have expressed any opinion on the manager.

Also, anything I have read about them indicates to me they will not make any immediate radical changes... nor should they.

Getting rid of a manager who kept us comfortably in the league in horrendous circumstances would be beyond stupid. We will still largely have the same squad next year and the same footballing problems to face.

So which should he have picked then?
Maybe the one that suited our club - the one he chose on this thread only has 6% support - perhaps the involvement of owning Roma put posters off ? -

He had 4 choices - I always stated on this thread, Moshiri would choose a buyer that suited him - not necessary the club itself - hence his persistence to exclude everyone else for the dodgy 777 9 months of an exclusivity deal was absolute madness by him - then Textor stood up & buyers were cueing up - lets hope he has chosen wisely ?

I think that was always going to be the case but as you say at least this time it does appear to somebody reputable, rich and experienced in football ownership.

I am coming round to the idea of Friedkin becoming our new owner after what I’ve read. His organisational skills, his engagement with fan groups, he’s reduced debt at Roma which is a huge club in Italy with loyal passionate fans like ourselves.

What we can say for sure is that Cannes could serve as the perfect feeder club for both teams. If they reach ligue 1 from the 4th division, they'll be more than happy. I cant't see Cannes fans making revolts because they can't go beyond mid-table. At that point we could have this privileged access to the French youth market which is enormous and extends to the former french colonies in north Africa. Ligue 1 is also perfect to test young players because it's not particularly demanding physically and mentally speaking.

Plus, I can`t see any objections from any British lads getting sent over there on loan, as what a place to live and play footy.

You`d never want to come back !

That angle to mate. I can see a few synergies here, but want to do a bit more digging! ;)

I think its very interesting they are picking up prime real estate (metaphorically) geographically, Rome, Cannes and Shiny New Stadium in Liverpool.
They're at source car salespeople on a grand scale.

They probably want to 'diversify the portfolio' to demonstrate their cultural capital.

If this cash was coming from anywhere other than the U.S. we'd be calling it sports washing, because in effect that's what it is: there's a conscious attempt to leave their own spiv beginnings behind and to make a pitch for something more noble by aligning themselves with and taking in heritage assets like EFC and Roma.

I doubt very much that they have expressed any opinion on the manager.

Also, anything I have read about them indicates to me they will not make any immediate radical changes... nor should they.

Getting rid of a manager who kept us comfortably in the league in horrendous circumstances would be beyond stupid. We will still largely have the same squad next year and the same footballing problems to face.
I agree entirely. This IS Everton we're talking about though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back