Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even if the war ended tomorrow unless Putin is removed and his replacement and those around him are significantly different, nothing changes

It'll not go back to "business as usual" any time soon. Even if the war in Ukraine ended and Russia withdrew.

The US and EU are threatening more sanctions...Ukraine just crossed into Russia and attacked a town...

But yes, I doubt how premier league clubs are funded will be part of the armistice.

The US and EU are threatening more sanctions...Ukraine just crossed into Russia and attacked a town...

But yes, I doubt how premier league clubs are funded will be part of the armistice.

Yes, they're threatening what is termed "secondary sanctions". It's all about basically trying to damage the Russian economy without damaging the US/EU economies so the pain is on one side and not the other. There is no desire to completely cut out the Russians from the global market (as some people on twitter mistakenly think) for example of gas, since that drives up consumer prices in the west and makes the pain fall in the wrong place

Coming back to the relevance to this thread, its a mistake for people to say things, like they hope that the war will end immediately (see previous post I replied to) relevant to Everton. Nothing is going to change now unless there is enormous political changes in Russia.

In actual fact, the next 3 to 5 years is about the west building up it's military capability to see off potential threats towards the Baltic state NATO members. That is where the focus now is. To do that the western economies also need to be doing well.

As for Everton, we need certainty and we'll only get that when Moshiri is gone, I'm afraid. The worry is he's made us an unviable acquisition for companies now. With how he has acted and him bringing in 777 Partners et al.

The know they can't get it. So they either believe that Moshiri is keeping it, Friedkins will be back, or the asking price is well above what they will offer.

This is what I have heard as well re: Bell and Downing.

They're not interested and they were not interested either in a non-exec director role.

The conditions such as the court case etc, mean yes it's just not a viable proposition for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back