Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think we’ve got 12 months in the tank without needing more cash injected?

We'll have PL revenues as well as matchday, it appears the stadium is fully funded (at last). I don't think they would have agreed to 200 million if more was needed for those 12 months.

We'll have PL revenues as well as matchday, it appears the stadium is fully funded (at last). I don't think they would have agreed to 200 million if more was needed for those 12 months.
But the *best* year we’ve had in recent years was about a 40m loss, even if we get 22/23’s loss down to that sort of level it still needs funding, and that’s without any remaining funding for build and fit out.

Of the Friedkin 200m 160ish went directly to MSP so not much left to fund the club and the remaining build. So I think it’s very optimistic to think we can self-sustain for 12 months without a further cash injection or serious player sales.

But the *best* year we’ve had in recent years was about a 40m loss, even if we get 22/23’s loss down to that sort of level it still needs funding, and that’s without any remaining funding for build and fit out.

Of the Friedkin 200m 160ish went directly to MSP so not much left to fund the club and the remaining build. So I think it’s very optimistic to think we can self-sustain for 12 months without a further cash injection or serious player sales.

That wasn't a cash loss, and the best year we've had we still had wages at nearly 100% of revenues. We're not near that at the moment.

Again, I don't have cash projections for the club, but the Friedkin's would be mad to give us 200 million without us having the short term funding.

That wasn't a cash loss, and the best year we've had we still had wages at nearly 100% of revenues. We're not near that at the moment.

Again, I don't have cash projections for the club, but the Friedkin's would be mad to give us 200 million without us having the short term funding.
I very much hope you’re right and I’m wrong! If Moshiri thought the club could self-sustain through to the stadium now, wouldn’t he be better off taking us off the market and sitting back til then? With increased revenue and possibly better debt refinancing options he might be able to claw back a few more quid than he’ll get now?

I very much hope you’re right and I’m wrong! If Moshiri thought the club could self-sustain through to the stadium now, wouldn’t he be better off taking us off the market and sitting back til then? With increased revenue and possibly better debt refinancing options he might be able to claw back a few more quid than he’ll get now?

The stadium is 12 months away from being open, all of those assumptions would already be built into the price.

The club has too much debt to completely refinance the stadium (in normal circumstance they'd be looking to finance 50% of the stadium cost-these are not normal circumstances). And it's not as if the opening of the stadium turns on a cash machine for us...Someone still needs to come in and restructure the balance sheet so that we get more favorable terms, that will require cash or losses to lenders/shareholders, or both.

I tend to agree with you, i think come the january transfer window if we haven't been sold we'll be desperate for cash and selling a player or two.

The money Friedkin have lent us will only go so far and we apparently need about £50-£75m to finish the stadium off after LoR hand it over! Then you've got the fact we are a loss making business anyway to factor in.

We're not in any immediate danger, but i believe we will need a cash injection from somewhere if we're not sold in the next six months.

I tend to agree with you, i think come the january transfer window if we haven't been sold we'll be desperate for cash and selling a player or two.

The money Friedkin have lent us will only go so far and we apparently need about £50-£75m to finish the stadium off after LoR hand it over! Then you've got the fact we are a loss making business anyway to factor in.

We're not in any immediate danger, but i believe we will need a cash injection from somewhere if we're not sold in the next six months.

we will be sold by the january window mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back