Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hope would be Dell would play the Usmanov role and fund the club without having direct ownership to skirt around FFP rules. If he is just loaning super bloos money, that is a HUGE no
Depends on the type of financing I guess. I read someone on here mention it wouldn't be a typical loan and more of an 'investment' but IDK I'm a financial moron when it comes to this sort of thing!

I guess the view of this potential takeover depends on how much you rate Bell/Downing and their intentions.

Nope - a lot, if not most (certainly on social) seem to think Dell is backing their bid/will have equity.

Seeing a lot of people thinking Dell will sponsor etc.

I figure it's just providing finance as they have to lots of clubs.
Mad really, the guy has more than enough on hid plate as the active CEO of one of the biggest computing companies!

Having a new owner with the most net worth is useless. You can’t just pump private money into a football club anymore, it’s not 2005. Debt is also not a massive concern if it is very serviceable with no danger to the club. The person or people who take over Everton needs to be those who can make the business run the best, and who are able to make Everton makes its own money, basically through ‘sponsorship’ deals. We need the most connected people running the club, not necessarily the richest.

Depends on the type of financing I guess. I read someone on here mention it wouldn't be a typical loan and more of an 'investment' but IDK I'm a financial moron when it comes to this sort of thing!

I guess the view of this potential takeover depends on how much you rate Bell/Downing and their intentions.
If he directly owned the club, it would probably be a lot harder for us with FFP. So a dream scenario is he is very involved without direct ownership. But I am very concerned if it’s just super bloos asking for a loan to buy a club they have no business running. That would be scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back