Why did they have to run on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piijt

Player Valuation: £20m
From Times online
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/everton/article3371755.ece

Uefa is expected to launch an investigation today after a Brann supporter threw a pool ball at Tim Howard, the Everton goalkeeper, during the teams’ Uefa Cup tie in Bergen on Wednesday evening. Although Howard was not struck by the black “eight-ball”, Uefa is likely to take a dim view of the incident, thought to have occurred towards the end of Everton’s 2-0 victory over the Norwegian champions.

Anton Genov, the referee, is expected to mention the incident in his official report, which will be submitted to European football’s governing body this morning, after Phil Neville, the Everton captain, handed the pool ball to the Bulgarian official after the final whistle. Everton, who enjoyed a club record sixth straight European win, could also face sanction after about 30 of the club’s supporters ran on to the pitch at the end of the match to congratulate the players before clearing the field after pleas from Neville.

Although the situation passed off without incident, Uefa takes pitch invasions seriously and may choose to fine Everton. Similarly, Brann could be fined for failing to implement the necessary safeguards to prevent such behaviour.

“Maybe the stewarding is not as good as it is in England, but they should not really come on like that,” Neville said. “We have to remind ourselves how to behave in Europe and I hope there are not any repercussions because of that. It was really very harmless.

“I asked them to go back. They were just excited and wanted the players’ shirts. But in Uefa competitions, they do come down hard on people and I just wanted them to remember their responsibilities to Everton.

Personally I can't understand why they ran on the pitch. We are in Europe for [Poor language removed] sake, not at Bury...

well said phil.

they entered the field of play because they know no better.

as for the locals, it has long been known that norway is a kopite heartland.

maybe aforementioned norwegian kop regulars arent tuned in with the essex and cornwall kopite dislike for the man ure.

where was it pre season where a lot more fans* ran onto the pitch at full time?

it needs stamping out early instead of being allowed to escalate.

well said phil.

they entered the field of play because they know no better.

as for the locals, it has long been known that norway is a kopite heartland.

maybe aforementioned norwegian kop regulars arent tuned in with the essex and cornwall kopite dislike for the man ure.

Are you talking about Liverpool fans? The people that go to Brann Stadion is Brann supporters, nothing else. Yeah, we got som stupid assholes who follow english football, but they are not popular amongst Brann fans, and the whole phenomenon is about to go away because the youngsters these days are beeing told that they cant follow english teams if they want to be seen upon as real Brann supporters.

The eightball didn't hit anybody, it would have been worse if it did. Brann is just going to be fined, and thats it. Everton will probably get one for the pitch invasion too. There is allways something, either fighting (not in the stadium though), something beeing trown to the pitch, or use of flares and such. The last time poeple where talking about something like that it was because somebody threw an egg and hit Steffen Iversen from Rosenborg (our main rivals) on the chest. That was just funny:lol:

iversen_egg_43160d.jpg

Haha, look at that, isn't that funny?? :D

And this headline is also quite funny:

http://fotball.bt.no/uefa/article100315.ece

"You only sing when you’re winning" - Adressed to the Everton fans

Last edited:

interesting your choice of words

'rivals'
'flares'
'real' (brann supporters)

I have a question for you, can you guarantee right now that not one brann supporter in that ground is a closet kopite? maybe not a frequent flier but certainly a person that knows full well about the issues between the everton blues and the kopite scum reds.

quick question, how often apart from the pool ball and the egg, do missiles get thrown onto the pitch at brann? how often are their fights and police confrontations and pitch invasions at brann?

fair due for turning up to debate the issues.

It will be on Kipper next week.

"Was at the Bergen match, sound lar, one of them vikings thru a pool ball at Ossie. Bad shot him la. Me arl fella shouted "Two shots". Everyone was in pure stitches. Boss site lads"

interesting your choice of words

'rivals'
'flares'
'real' (brann supporters)

I have a question for you, can you guarantee right now that not one brann supporter in that ground is a closet kopite? maybe not a frequent flier but certainly a person that knows full well about the issues between the everton blues and the kopite scum reds.

quick question, how often apart from the pool ball and the egg, do missiles get thrown onto the pitch at brann? how often are their fights and police confrontations and pitch invasions at brann?

fair due for turning up to debate the issues.

No i can't guarantee that, sure it is, but it's just silly. It's not the same for a person living i Norway.

There is quite a bit of fighting, but this is organized, and never against the police. There has been trown flares at the pitch too sometimed, by both the home crowd and away fans. But it doesn't matter if its one or ten, Brann gets a fine anyway. They don't even need to trow it on the pitch, they get fined for just beeing lighted inside the stadium. No pitch invations as i can remeber, we never really had anything to celebrate. ;) :stick:

Last edited:
It will be on Kipper next week.

"Was at the Bergen match, sound lar, one of them vikings thru a pool ball at Ossie. Bad shot him la. Me arl fella shouted "Two shots". Everyone was in pure stitches. Boss site lads"

so true im concerned that you might be the sole contributor over there.

I like reading their match reports and some of the stuff is funny as [Poor language removed]. I just lose track of all the nicknames for the players they have. Me Arl Fella's shouts has some corkers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back