Why do we bother?(never give up)

My gobshite (bestman) has just messaged me from Milan with his son celebrating and taking the pisss(banter I accept it)
Always have and Always will defend Everton but I'm struggling to explain to my nephew who's my gobshhhhites sons mate(both 8 years old) why he should stay an Evertonian and not go to the dark side....which I really think he's considering.....
Help me blues...
All comments accepted....even one's I won't like lol :(

he’s not your best man surely he’s not

Football as an open competition is long gone. From now on there will only ever be winners from the Sky 6 (although i'm probably giving Spurs too much credit and I don't think we'll see a repeat of the Leicester season). I would advise anyone not to engage in top level footy at all - go and support your local non-league team, you can pay at the door, it doesn't cost 50 quid or more, and it's a level playing field. If you absolutely have to support a premier league team then, sadly, you'd best pick one of the 6 (5?)

when i was over there my mate took me to a crewe Alexandria match and I LOVED it!

Anyone can latch into a successful team and then say look at me I'm better than you because my team is better than yours, but it takes someone with an IQ of over 10 to realise that it is absolutely pathetic to do so.
I agree.
It was me one time....I stayed loyal....he will too I hope....
Although I did support Tranmerre for one week after we lost to Oldham in the FA Cup in the early 90s lol!

Where they celebrating Saturday?

If he wants to tell everyone in the playground he supports a winning team let him.

It’s easy to be a Liverpool / Man U and now Man City fan isn’t it? It doesn’t show any character though. He may as well choose Celtic if he just wants to brag about supporting a winning team.
I agree haha....
He's a Ronaldo fan more than anything atm...which grates on me also!

Because we are Everton.

Who wants to support a predictably reliable and safe team? Who wants 6th place mediocrity?

It's far more exciting to flirt with relegation every season.
Champion, it's the performance that counts not the result. And then realise that we're getting neither.
Anyway, my house is already various shades of blue and it would be far too costly to change it.

UTFT
Love this!

I wouldn't bother trying to force him. It's a genuinely miserable experience being an Everton fan. Let him support players. The game is great, the emotional investment isn't.

I tried to force my Son but he's not interested. He plays basketball regularly and doesn't have much interest in his "team" there either. My niece chose Everton herself but told me not to buy her a top this season as she doesn't play anymore. She plays every week...

As long as they're happy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back