Why do you keep supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Why do you keep supporting everton?’

A 5 star debut novel by ex writer of the economist Clive Azul - ghost written by Trevor Azul. @chicoazul

‘Clive Azul proves again there is no depth of the human heart that he can’t reach ( J K Rowling)

‘Unmatched horror from the master of the game’ (Stephen King)

‘Made me question my entire existence’ (Bill Kenwright)

‘Made me punch a horse in despair’ (Newcastle fan)

‘So shocking I threw my Fanta everywhere’
(Fanta scruff)

Available in all good bookstores…and the hot wok.
I’m writing a preview and this post made me feel all super inside! Thank you.

Please now balance it with the most hideous of insults to me.

I love Everton that’s what Liverpool is the people the two clubs the Beatles and with out them. There would just be that horrible club across the park. With out them I would just give up on football no sane person wants to be a member of that horrible red cult. That said on the football side of things that’s what it is all about really. we have been dire for along time. I was 7 when we won the FA Cup. I can just about remember it after that some good years under Moyes and Bobby brown shoes first season haven’t really had a lot to cheer about. The stadium is the only thing to be excited about at present.

I echo Joey66 but I am a short timer at 60 years. This year and perhaps the past one has left me comfortable numb in ways all the air has been sucked out and now just recognizing the Championship is the real deal for us. What a calamity we have been experiencing seeing weaker teams leave us behind.
And yet I bet you still love them!! That’s what keeps me watching, Love is sometimes not far away from hate: I loved the Blues before I ever went to see them, first game I saw the first team we got beat 2-0 but I was in awe of Goodison Park as it was then. That was a long time ago and since then and now I’ve seen a lot more bad seasons than good ones but I still love the feckers, can’t help it, they drive me to despair but I always come back for more, it’s useless and no logic could explain why I continue to go to see them but I doubt very much that I’ll ever stop going until I’m physically unable to or I’m in my box.

It's purely to do with family and emotion at this stage. My uncle used to take me to GP in the early 90s I was hooked ever since, my granddad was a fan from the 20s. I will never stop loving the club but it causes me much more pain and heartbreak to see how it's being run into the ground than joy these days. I have mental health problems so I am having to detach myself Increasingly as the tragedy we are watching unfold isn't worth the added despair when I have real life issues too...

My late Dad who died when i was 14 told me the only team to support was the Blues, never will I change that. Luckily he also on the board of Connah's Quay Nomads so i have always supported them as well and they are doing better than Everton at the moment albeit in an easier league so at least i have something to smile about.

‘Why do you keep supporting everton?’

A 5 star debut novel by ex writer of the economist Clive Azul - ghost written by Trevor Azul. @chicoazul

‘Clive Azul proves again there is no depth of the human heart that he can’t reach ( J K Rowling)

‘Unmatched horror from the master of the game’ (Stephen King)

‘Made me question my entire existence’ (Bill Kenwright)

‘Made me punch a horse in despair’ (Newcastle fan)

‘So shocking I threw my Fanta everywhere’
(Fanta scruff)

Available in all good bookstores…and the hot wok.
How many threads are in the book ....p?us which charity shop bucket was it in lol

Not sure I do anymore. Just seem to observe them now rather than support, in some Pavlovian response.

The equalizer at City was met with a laugh rather than any joy, Tuesday barely even registered anything more than a shake of the head and Friday is nothing more than a precursor to the off the field drama that will follow.

It's an unbreakable link to my father who sadly passed in October. I was lucky enough to witness the great 80's side with him when I was a kid. So it was cemented there. I won't lie that it's caused much angst and many ruined weekends when I was younger and the rapid decline set in. Seems like an obligation now more than anything. I'm an optimist - you have to be to keep following Everton. Plus I honestly don't know one single Kopite who's sound. The Shields case just shows you that shower attracts vermin.

And yet I bet you still love them!! That’s what keeps me watching, Love is sometimes not far away from hate: I loved the Blues before I ever went to see them, first game I saw the first team we got beat 2-0 but I was in awe of Goodison Park as it was then. That was a long time ago and since then and now I’ve seen a lot more bad seasons than good ones but I still love the feckers, can’t help it, they drive me to despair but I always come back for more, it’s useless and no logic could explain why I continue to go to see them but I doubt very much that I’ll ever stop going until I’m physically unable to or I’m in my box.
Childhood memories in the pen and singing at the top of our lungs doing the "Everton Boot walk" watching West, Husband, Ball, Royle and Morrissey. With the sure skills of Kendall, Harvey & Labone with a little Alan Whittle sprinkled in. I just didn't know how good we had it. I will follow through thick and thin just like you. Loved going to Jack Sharp's to pickup a Jersey every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.