Why do you keep supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1963 I had two uncles, one blue and one red who each said they'd take me to the match.
Uncle Bill was the first to act and I went to Goodison in October that year. Once a blue always a blue. That's my straight answer.

I didn't start supporting Everton in the mid 70s expecting them to win anything.

I think only once fans get over the sense of entitlement that comes from what the club has done in the past can it fully move forward.

The past is all well and good but it doesn't buy you anything today. 95% of football teams achieve nothing and we are currently part of that mass of bland routine football.

Football has changed significantly in that time with a sense of positions now being largely locked in. Years ago most of the teams would have felt that a few signings in a summer could catapult a team towards a title charge or a cup run - that too has gone now with PL survival being disproportionately significant to the detriment of common sense in terms of money.

If the sport we have now had been like this when I first started going I don't think I'd have invested so much of life to it but that is a different issue as to the "long-suffering Evertonian" question because outside a few clubs I believe the majority of football fans suffer their teams.

I guess that's the question I'm inquiring to myself as well. Why do I continue to devote extensive amount of my life and in sure there are other fans especially in the U.K. who sacrifice a lot more than me especially those devoted to follow Everton on the road. I just see this club in a perpetual quagmire of ineptitude and shabbiness due to the halfwits that operate this club and I understand hard time befall teams but this feels unyielding and I just want to watch a game of football where I'm not glum, and ultimately its football a game where it shouldn't affect me so but I truly despise the people on the board who enable this dreadful yearly dismay.
Stupidity

Feel for my eldest son. I've been trying to get him to support us with moderate success. He lives in Brighton. Imagine the stick in the playground this week.

At this point, I support Everton from afar in the same way one would gawp at a car crash on the autobahn. There is a grim fascination in watching these charlatans finally run out of road. And, let's be honest, it's hilarious. That fourth goal we conceded on Tuesday was a catalogue of errors, a tragic farce. But it gave me a laugh. A lot of people at Everton have been riding their luck for years now, some decades. It's all catching up with them and it's glorious to watch them scurry in blind panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.