Wildlife in your Garden

Echinopsis have done their thing again...'bout two weeks ago.

51165672333_208934f010_h.jpg

51166535475_f1f1eb6f36_h.jpg

51164770117_c5db6f16dc_h.jpg

What the heck is this - never seen one before in my garden

View attachment 126621

This is the Ichneumon stramentor - a non-stinging wasp - not seen that often compared to may of the species.

Paul.

Not my garden, Frodsham Hills Forest this morning. I’ve been told it’s a tawny owl fledgling, he was having a kip.View attachment 127003View attachment 127004

You got lucky there, as they’re normally out of the nest by early April. That’s either come from a very late nest or a replacement clutch. ( possibly washed out with all that rain we had in the late Winter )

I’ve found Tawny Owls on eggs in early February in the past,

Spent an hour before the nutty thunder and rain, at the Peregrine nest sight in South Liverpool today.

Four chicks in the nest now ( RSPB Twitter feed ) so much more activity.

Female constantly on the outside ledge, waiting and calling to the male, as he comes back from a hunt. Also loads of noise, as the male presents the female with whatever he has caught.

Spent an hour before the nutty thunder and rain, at the Peregrine nest sight in South Liverpool today.

Four chicks in the nest now ( RSPB Twitter feed ) so much more activity.

Female constantly on the outside ledge, waiting and calling to the male, as he comes back from a hunt. Also loads of noise, as the male presents the female with whatever he has caught.
Males rarely bring back exactly what you requested from the market ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back