Wildlife in your Garden

A bit disappointed with my garden this spring. No frogspawn in the pond this year and (as yet) both nest boxes remain unoccupied. My next door neighbour (kopite, though I doubt he's been to Anfield more than a half dozen times) replaced all the fencing around his garden making it more or less a sealed unit. Nothing can enter his garden unless it can fly or climb which means that nothing gets into my garden from that side. Mammals, amphibians etc used to be able to cross through the gardens all along the street.
:rant:

A bit disappointed with my garden this spring. No frogspawn in the pond this year and (as yet) both nest boxes remain unoccupied. My next door neighbour (kopite, though I doubt he's been to Anfield more than a half dozen times) replaced all the fencing around his garden making it more or less a sealed unit. Nothing can enter his garden unless it can fly or climb which means that nothing gets into my garden from that side. Mammals, amphibians etc used to be able to cross through the gardens all along the street.

Cut some sneaky holes into it or plant climbers in your side ?

Cut some sneaky holes into it or plant climbers in your side ?
Oh I would happily knock a hole through, but the point is that nothing can get in to his garden from the back or the other side. The only saving grace is that there is still access to mine from one side and the garden at the back.
It's not just next doors to be fair, I've noticed that a few of the back gardens in our street have been re-fenced. It's such a shame because 5 or 6 years ago we even had stoats which had the run of all the gardens.
It's not all bad though. There is a concrete fence on the opposite side of my garden which bounds on to park land and the first thing I did when I moved here was to ensure that there was access to my garden from there. ;)

Oh I would happily knock a hole through, but the point is that nothing can get in to his garden from the back or the other side. The only saving grace is that there is still access to mine from one side and the garden at the back.
It's not just next doors to be fair, I've noticed that a few of the back gardens in our street have been re-fenced. It's such a shame because 5 or 6 years ago we even had stoats which had the run of all the gardens.
It's not all bad though. There is a concrete fence on the opposite side of my garden which bounds on to park land and the first thing I did when I moved here was to ensure that there was access to my garden from there. ;)

People don’t do it on purpose, they’re just unaware of what they’re doing and the damage it causes, same with the lads who do the fencing.

One of the reasons for hedgehog numbers dropping off a cliff, plus gardens that are too tidy and slug pellets.

He deserves bit of japanese knotweed

A scorpion and some millipedes we caught. Me and my 5 year old have spent the last 4 days pulling up rocks looking for horrible insects. I was surprised how big the Scorpion was. Sorry about the rubbish picture

Attachments

• IMG_20210504_163114.webp
    IMG_20210504_163114.webp
    423.4 KB · Views: 10
Jacks: Something is under the deck
View attachment 126426

Me: Naw, ain't nothing Jacks.

Jacks: No, seriously something's under there...
View attachment 126427

Me: Jacks, just let it go...there's nothing there. I'm sure of it.

Jacks: I'm sure there is, just go check...
View attachment 126428

Me: Okay, I'll go check you silly silly boy.
View attachment 126429

Jacks: Did you find anything?

Me: Hey, let's play fetch.
I love these, but I'm sure you already posted them earlier in this thread lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back