Wildlife in your Garden

.....saw a hawk on the fence outside my window a month or so ago here in West Derby, wish I’d have taken a pic. They are about & take the birds they catch to the back of the garden. I’ve seen them fending off the magpies.

There are some great live cams out there. Some people get really invested in them.
Bald eagle cam:
African water hole cam
Spent an hour on this watching 2 frogs once.... :oops:
I hear that you have to be very careful when using google to find bird cams. When you find the right one though it is nature at its best. There is one on the Ospreys nesting in Cumbria that is worth a watch.

.....saw a hawk on the fence outside my window a month or so ago here in West Derby, wish I’d have taken a pic. They are about & take the birds they catch to the back of the garden. I’ve seen them fending off the magpies.
If you are in West Derby and it was taking magpies are you sure it wasn't the peregrines?

It’ll be a Sparrow Hawk, Peregrines are more “ open sky “ hunters - need a lot of space to hit their prey on the wing.
Sparrow Hawks are a bit of a rarity around West Derby in my experience. Plenty of Kestrels and a regular nesting Buzzard plus the recent arrival of the Peregrines. But maybe.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back