Wildlife in your Garden

The Peregrine nesting site in South Liverpool.

The photo isn’t the best, as it was taken on my phone, but if you enlarge it, you can see the wooden platform, that’s been built outside the window at the entrance inside to the nest site.

Spent about an hour there this afternoon, saw the male on the platform twice, calling to the female inside, who’s sitting on eggs - noisy as hell !!!

It’ll be amazing when they’ve got chicks, as they’re in and out every five minutes.

I never thought I’d ever see nesting Peregrines a couple of miles away from where I live !

Anyone wants details PM me. 02B3821D-A7BB-4096-8305-CCC2CC97AE7E.jpeg

Last edited:

The photo isn’t the best, as it was taken on my phone, but if you enlarge it, you can see the wooden platform, that’s been built outside the window at the entrance inside to the nest site.

Spent about an hour there this afternoon, saw the male on the platform twice, calling to the female inside, who’s sitting on eggs - noisy as hell !!!

It’ll be amazing when they’ve got chicks age they’re in and out every five minutes.

I never thought I’d ever see nesting Peregrines a couple of miles away from where I live.

Anyone wants details PM me.View attachment 125187
This is their second year there ;)

Along my back garden fence we had what I thought was a large tree stump, the garden backs onto a wooded area. The fence is fixed to it, and it was covered in ivy. I decided to cut back all the ivy to open up the area a bit. Took me two hours cutting it away to fine a dirty bi concrete gate post, now going to have to big this out and re-do the fence. Might usurp a little more ground to make the job worthwhile.

It’ll be amazing when they’ve got chicks, as they’re in and out every five minutes.

I never thought I’d ever see nesting Peregrines a couple of miles away from where I live !

Anyone wants details PM me.View attachment 125187
Saw and heard these guys throughout last summer when sat on the bowling green behind the church.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back