Wildlife in your Garden

Not sure what this is but I filmed it at our local beach (Irish Sea). Was about 100 - 150 m away so not great footage.

Dont think its a seal as more of a dorsal fin. Big catfish maybe? Small dolphin?

Nessie on holiday - and you missed out on the tourist attraction it could gave been!

That dorsal fin could be a flipper if the seal was rolling as it dived.

In the late 80s early 90s there was a friendly dolphin that would often visit local fisherman and swim in the harbours in the north east of England. Locals named him Freddy. Freddy the dolphin. Unfortunately a drunken local once tried shagging Freddy late at night and Freddy was never seen again.
This was before social media so the world never truly got to know. I had to ask some friends recently to make sure I never dreamt the whole thing up.

In the late 80s early 90s there was a friendly dolphin that would often visit local fisherman and swim in the harbours in the north east of England. Locals named him Freddy. Freddy the dolphin. Unfortunately a drunken local once tried shagging Freddy late at night and Freddy was never seen again.
This was before social media so the world never truly got to know. I had to ask some friends recently to make sure I never dreamt the whole thing up.
Actually I’ve just found an old article and the guy wasn’t drunk.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back