Wildlife in your Garden

View attachment 121643

What's this funny colour for a sparrow hawk ?

Sometimes you get odd colouration, thrown up by genetic anomalies mate, but I`d go for a juvenile.

It`s deffo a Sparrow Hawk, you can tell by the eyes.

There`s a family of Crows on the golf course by us, that are almost white.

It started a few years ago, with a few white patches on their wings and then as they`ve bred, the white colour has become more prevalent.

Sometimes you get odd colouration, thrown up by genetic anomalies mate, but I`d go for a juvenile.

It`s deffo a Sparrow Hawk, you can tell by the eyes.

There`s a family of Crows on the golf course by us, that are almost white.

It started a few years ago, with a few white patches on their wings and then as they`ve bred, the white colour has become more prevalent.
Daughter said same thing mate, the eyes are the giveaway that it's a sparrowhawk and you're spot on with the odd quirk you get in bird colouration.

Daughter said same thing mate, the eyes are the giveaway that it's a sparrowhawk and you're spot on with the odd quirk you get in bird colouration.
Just been looking at your picture again.
Are my eyes deceiving me or does that pigeon have a ring on its leg?
Some poor bloke might still be waiting patiently for it to arrive back at its loft. lol
View attachment 121672

Unfortunately not, the picture was from a video my friend sent me. I posted a picture on here a couple of weeks ago asking about a bird that turned out to be a sparrowhawk. This one is a total different colour so wasn't sure what it was.
As far as I'm concerned Les your pet sparrowhawk literally ripped the arse out of one of big Duncs expensive Doo's , pick your window mate lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back