Wildlife in your Garden

Nah it`s frogspawn Joey, toad spawn is stringy, rather than clumpy.
I've never smoked that but I will take your word for it lol
Bad news for your garden if you don’t stay on top of them.

@Joey66 is your man ....,
Deep saucers of mild beer only mild beer left of late at night most will drown some will just be inebriated pick one put it inside glass tank with vegitatatiom fresh daily name it Jose Royle .,....

He dries them out, mixes them with ground chickpeas and smokes them.

The effect is similar to the hallucinogenic effects of the peyote cactus.

When under the influence, he’s been known to hold old skool hard house raves for his frogs in his polytunels.
They love mild beer - slugs too......I can imagine you eating a slug snail stir fry sprinkled with your favourite grass..... lol

Looks like a rat with a Halloween mask on !
That's a very accurate description, I used to not like them. Until I learned that opossums can be beneficial for the garden, by eating snails, slugs, insects and sometimes even small rodents. They'll even clean up spilled garbage and fruit that has fallen off trees. Not bad for the ugly rat lol

There's been a pair of buzzards around my local area for the last few weeks. They're common enough to the east coast of Ireland but I've never seen or heard them around my local area before.

Will try and get a picture but they're usually out of range for me.

They’ll be a young pair looking for territory and nesting sites - trees in parks, woodland, quarries, etc

I'm quite close to the coast but there is a good bit of woodland. Ive seen one of them trying and failing to hunt smaller birds in flight- yet to see a kill so far.

The pee-oww sound is fantastic to hear.

If it’s woodland with fields nearby that’ll do for them, as they’re predominantly scavengers and will even eat things like worms and frogs.

If you see them tumbling through the sky together, locking talons, it’s their courtship ritual and they sometimes do it over the nest site too.

They can nest quite early - beginning of April, so keep an eye out for them with bits of twigs and small branches when flying.

There’s a pair by us, that nest right at the top of a massive Leylandi tree. They’re really noisy too, so you can sometimes find the nest by following the noise !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back