Wildlife in your Garden

I have 4 Swallow chicks leaving the nest in my garage, door was broken but now replaced and left open for the nest.

Parents will dive bomb at any approach

Directly behind me is a Housemartin nest on the eaves of the back wall.

It seriously was an air display today as the chicks founds their wings.G
Very calming for the soul just finding a quiet spot and just watch it happen.
Awesome to watch. Good on you for leaving the garage door open after it was replaced. ;)

I have 4 Swallow chicks leaving the nest in my garage, door was broken but now replaced and left open for the nest.

Parents will dive bomb at any approach

Directly behind me is a Housemartin nest on the eaves of the back wall.

It seriously was an air display today as the chicks founds their wings.

Very calming for the soul just finding a quiet spot and just watch it happen.
Incredible to think of them leaving to fly over the Sahara.
Think I might have posted this before but this podcast on bird migration is well worth a listen if such things interest you:

Incredible to think of them leaving to fly over the Sahara.
Think I might have posted this before but this podcast on bird migration is well worth a listen if such things interest you:

Thank you mate x.

I thought I was preaching to the breeze telling my own lads how blessed we are to see this.

So happy when my eldest’s bestie told me that he had brought him to peep into the garage ;)

lol I can relate. I’ve bored mates senseless with bird chat.
I can’t even pretend birds were my thing (matron) but working at home has hugely improved my day to day.

Appreciating the beauty of what is just outside your door and accepting it will go on no matter how your day has turned out is worth thinking about.

Live in Perth Australia and we have had a baby Dugite, poisonous snake, which was a worry because mummy snake is usually close by. Possums, rats and mice of course. Birds including sulphur crested cockatoos, black cockatoos, galahs, 28’s they’re a smaller parrot they birds eat the apples off the trees faster than I can pick them. Locusts about 4-5 inches long. Frogs and toads, huge dragonflies and the spiders including Redbacks and everybody’s favourite the Huntsman.
They like to get inside your car when you stupidly leave the window open overnight. Had one in an old mark 2 cortina that covered the speedo it was that big
My son lived there for a while and sent us a clip of him handling a blue tongued lizard!! I nearly had kittens, but apparently they are harmless?

I can’t even pretend birds were my thing (matron) but working at home has hugely improved my day to day.

Appreciating the beauty of what is just outside your door and accepting it will go on no matter how your day has turned out is worth thinking about.
There are six ponds within walking distance of my house, 3 of them are part of our housing development and have been constructed whilst I've been living here, I like nothing more than taking a stroll around them, I find it very therapeutic and it never ceases to amaze me how many diverse species of birds they've managed to attract and how wonderful nature truly is, as you say on your doorstep.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back