Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you call Gnonto prolific mate ?
well 8 goals (even in the Championship) at 20 years old at least sounds promising.
I am not faulting McNeil i like him but during his Burnley days and last season he didnt score many.
Same for Harrison last season.

And agree with other posters: there is maybe better out there, but they are not joining us or we can not afford.

Longer this goes the less likely it happens. It turned into a long process last year and we got nowhere.

Make our bid based on our valuation. If they are happy to negotiate then great, but if they reject the offer then don't waste any more time.
i think both the links to the Danish lad and Gnonto seem to suggest we are not as far advanced to either and probably trying to get the best deal possible. Wait and see on both

Be happy enough with him, but need another tricky, pacey wide attacker.
I want a very different attacking trio supporting the striker than mcneil, harrison and dacoure

Different players, Summerville is more in the moulid of N'Diaye, can play number 10 and uses his control and skill to beat players (think Pienaar)
Gnonto is a speed merchant who is less of a footballer but can get you up the pitch quickly (Doku)
Think harsh say isnt a footballer seems to have a decent technique, gnonto for me could play all across the front 3 behind the cf.
Can not see this progressing Leeds absolutely hate us after practically stealing Harrison for what will be two years and unsettling Gnonto last year, have a feeling they will drag it out as much as they can to pee us off as well. There are certain players over the years that we have chased for months on end and they've moved onto other clubs fairly easier, West Ham Yarmolenko for example.
Think will have a better chance this season with him coming off an ok season was rotated with james so could see the manager letting him go. Also the leeds fans more willing to him going this season, when we first tried was alot of pressure of the new leeds owners to stand there ground also prob thought they could get promotion

“He's not worth the money” shouts are laughable. This isn’t 1975 lads. Ipswich have just spent 20 million including add ons for Liam bloody Delap. 20 million for a player who made an impact at Premier League level when he burst on to the scene (and he did whether you want to admit it or not), is 20 years old and already has a dozen caps for his country, isn’t “expensive” in this day and age. We brought in twice that for Gordon who at the time had appalling stats, couldn’t score or assist to save his life, was older, and had most fans on here laughing and offering to drive him up to Newcastle themselves.

busy little player but end product is poor
stats not good its a no from me
How many wingers at 20 are incredibly prolific and clinical with their goal scoring? For me he displays enough promise I think he'll be a solid asset. Look at what an unfinished player lookman was when he was at everton and he just scored a hat trick in the europa cup I'm not saying that's going to be gnonto but there is always some uncertainty in younger players which make a gamble but if it's under 30 million I think it's a savvy acquisition, he'll just need time to grow and even at such a young age he has ample experience playing higher levels of football

Didnt Maupay get like 25?
He was around 22 at that time and he was playing second striker so it's different metric than what you would compare gnonto to.. good wingers obviously provide chances along with goals and assists but it's much more than determines if they're suited for the Premier league I believe olise only had 7 goals when he was with reading at a similar age and eze before his last season in the championship around the same age as gnonto had 4 both seasons before he broke out and had 14

“He's not worth the money” shouts are laughable. This isn’t 1975 lads. Ipswich have just spent 20 million including add ons for Liam bloody Delap. 20 million for a player who made an impact at Premier League level when he burst on to the scene (and he did whether you want to admit it or not), is 20 years old and already has a dozen caps for his country, isn’t “expensive” in this day and age. We brought in twice that for Gordon who at the time had appalling stats, couldn’t score or assist to save his life, was older, and had most fans on here laughing and offering to drive him up to Newcastle themselves.

….its also whether that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back