Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
busy little player but end product is poor
stats not good its a no from me

Yes, you are absolutely correct. My point was, Gnontos goal haul in itself isnt impressive. When you include his age and the physicality of the championship in relation to his small stature in the equation, i dont think its half bad, but i had expected quite a few more goals/assists from him.

He's close to a goal/assist every two games worth of minutes. For a 20year old that seems impressive to say the least.

In addition the defensive stats and the 'progressive ball carries' show him to be effective in all round play.

Worst case he becomes an effective player long term to bring off the bench. Best case he goes on to be a £50mil player.

Wheres the downside?

Mark Douglas reckons it's going to be a tricky deal to get done.
We got nowhere last year other than wasting a lot of time. So I'm not at all hopeful on this.

We need quite a few players once we sell Onana. We don't want to be wasting time targeting players who are not attainable

We need the squad to be largely put together by game 1. No waiting for 31 August like normal. I'd actually like to win a match in August for once.

We got nowhere last year other than wasting a lot of time. So I'm not at all hopeful on this.

We need quite a few players once we sell Onana. We don't want to be wasting time targeting players who are not attainable

We need the squad to be largely put together by game 1. No waiting for 31 August like normal. I'd actually like to win a match in August for once.
Club are briefing cautiously but these talks have been going on for a while. He's the big target. They want him. He wants us. Leeds could do with selling him.

Vital time isn't wasted but this isn't like it's just started now, work's been going on for a fair bit of time now and there's confidence it can get done - but ofc there was confidence last year too!

Winger, centre-back, at least, could do with being in by the time the season starts. Then another winger and a CM on top of that after the season starts before the window shuts - obviously, depends what happens with DCL whether they need to go get a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back