Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him;

Leeds are crap mate.

Apart from Gnonto.

He's only 20 - for the right fee, you shouldn't lose money on him.

He progresses the ball well, always looks forward and wins loads of free kicks which Sean Dyches big grocks would score from.

I mentioned to @Eggs he wins a lot of free kicks and this football hipster graph seems to reaffirm that.

View attachment 258802

We can dwell on the negative or look at what he could bring to the team.

We just need to make sure it's the right fee, because every transfer we make we should be looking at what we could sell for.

….so it’s his teammates fault for not getting on the end of his crosses. I’ll have to remember that one ;)
Could be, If he splits the defence or squares a ball and puts a team mate through 20 times in a season and his team mates miss 18 out of 20 chances his stats would read 2 assists.
Not very good reading, the reality is he has done his job.

Not saying thats the case here but stats can very deceiving.

Would need to have this done with a few days of Onanas departure. Anything longer and this whole saga repeated again just isn't worth the bother.

I'd give it all of next week and if he isn't in blue by then, we should look to other targets. There is a lot of work that needs doing on the squad and time is ticking.

He was around 22 at that time and he was playing second striker so it's different metric than what you would compare gnonto to..
Yes, you are absolutely correct. My point was, Gnontos goal haul in itself isnt impressive. When you include his age and the physicality of the championship in relation to his small stature in the equation, i dont think its half bad, but i had expected quite a few more goals/assists from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back