Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i alone here in being certain this isn’t happening hence this lindstrom guy?

if we only have obamas money we can’t sign this guy a striker and a CM with what we’ve already got
Another striker will be after dcl gets sold and can prob see the cm being another loan
He's an exciting player - but that counts for nothing if he's fruitless in his end product. There's nothing to suggest he's the answer for us.
Is only young and is room to improve that is the suggestion that he can be the answer for us. Is a long season if we can get him in will be an important player off the bench and starting games. I think he out of all the wide players has it in him to get the most goals

Gnonto is the one player (out of all those that we have been linked with) that I am keenest on us getting.
He is rapid , direct , skillful and tricky. He also works hard off the ball. Mancini was really keen on him when manager of the Italian national side. He will win us loads of free kicks also. I think that we are interested in him , he seems keen to come here judging on last years dealings , and I think that we are going to get him , despite the obvious problems in dealing with Leeds.

Do our scouts/recruitment ever consider end product/goal returns? I know he’s had a few decent moments but I’m not sure what the thinking was in bringing the likes of McNeil either.

Do our scouts/recruitment ever consider end product/goal returns? I know he’s had a few decent moments but I’m not sure what the thinking was in bringing the likes of McNeil either.

They probably do

‘Hi exciting young prospect who has just bagged double figure goals and assists in a decent league, we know you’ve probably got an offer from another team for CL football but do you want to play for Everton? we can offer you 1/2 the wages they’re offering as well.’

‘No’

That'll never happen.
All makes sense now
IMG_7223.jpeg

They probably do

‘Hi exciting young prospect who has just bagged double figure goals and assists in a decent league, we know you’ve probably got an offer from another team for CL football but do you want to play for Everton? we can offer you 1/2 the wages they’re offering as well.’

‘No’

Then how do we ever get substantially better if we sign players barely producing more than what we have.

I get it, it’s a tough market and given our situation even tougher.

Then how do we ever get substantially better if we sign players barely producing more than what we have.

I get it, it’s a tough market and given our situation even tougher.

Incrementally over time. Improve the squad season on season. Gnonto Lindstrom McNeil Harrison are better options than McNeil Harrison Dobbin which we effectively had last season. Hopefully we’re in a position in the future to upgrade McNeil and Harrison to better options and we improve again. It’s unlikely we can go from McNeil and Harrison to buying a Mane Mahrez Saka Son type straight off though. Look at Brentford paying 30 mill for Lewis Potter.

Its extremely difficult if you’re outside the sky six as every young player wants to join them, they can pick up top prospects for decent fees just by waiting for them to agitate for the move and their club being forced to sell. Everyone else is paying over the odds to convince a poorer player to play for them. It’s very annoying but it’s the game.

….funny to read somebody on Leeds forum echoing my sentiment about him spending too much time sitting on the floor sarcastically laughing at or moaning at officials.

Really concerned about his attitude and lack of application whenever I watched Leeds last season. If he signs, hopefully he’s the player others think he’ll be.

I agree (tend to do that often with you mate) actually given a choice I'd much rather we went after asprilla at Watford, likely cost a lot less, attitude seems spot on in and ceiling just as high if not higher, also analytically ticks a lot of if the same boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back