Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incrementally over time. Improve the squad season on season. Gnonto Lindstrom McNeil Harrison are better options than McNeil Harrison Dobbin which we effectively had last season. Hopefully we’re in a position in the future to upgrade McNeil and Harrison to better options and we improve again. It’s unlikely we can go from McNeil and Harrison to buying a Mane Mahrez Saka Son type straight off though. Look at Brentford paying 30 mill for Lewis Potter.

Its extremely difficult if you’re outside the sky six as every young player wants to join them, they can pick up top prospects for decent fees just by waiting for them to agitate for the move and their club being forced to sell. Everyone else is paying over the odds to convince a poorer player to play for them. It’s very annoying but it’s the game.
I saw a comment recently about team building which I thought was very apt.

Sometimes it is more important to raise the level of the floor rather than the level of yhe ceiling.

We need to jump in and grab ' Kyle walker peters ' while we wait on the never ending Stalemate that is Gnonto...

I heard they are looking for 20m+ for a 27 year old fullback who offers nothing in the attacking 3rd.

I would imagine there is better value elsewhere.
The price is a bit of a stumbling block ( and possibly age ) but his play in the attacking 3rd is a big part of his game...

The price is a bit of a stumbling block ( and possibly age ) but his play in the attacking 3rd is a big part of his game...
I guess he assists the assister then.

KWP.webp

Hahaha That Doesn't look great, does it. Maybe he's just looked good in the games I've seen ( Which obviously hasn't been enough !! )

Nothing wrong with an Assisting Assister tho !!!
Always seems like a guy who does a lot in the middle third but not much in the other thirds.

Always seems like a guy who does a lot in the middle third but not much in the other thirds.
fwiw

I've watched almost all of KWPs games in the last 4yrs. He is quality and poses a real attacking threat in reality, great link up play at pace.

Of course the stats pretty much prove he has one leg, webbed hands and marbles for eyes.

£25m should be the absolute limit, you have to have a figure in mind, he's been quoted by itks at around 22m plus add one for the last couple of weeks.
Can't see this one happening because of PSR.

The option was Lindstrom or him not both.

Any high transfer fees this summer will have to be deferred with a loan and option to buy.

We cannot loan two players from the same team.

Leeds probably digging in wanting us to buy Harrison, and loan with obligation to buy Gnonto.

Waiting game - whoever needs to buy/sell first.

It would help if Gnonto is saying he'll only go to Everton, but Leeds will know push come to shove he'd go elsewhere if another team come in.

Can't see a non Prem team paying what they want for him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back