Transfer Rumour Wilfried Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see this one happening because of PSR.

The option was Lindstrom or him not both.

Any high transfer fees this summer will have to be deferred with a loan and option to buy.

We cannot loan two players from the same team.
25 million has agreed it's the structure that's holding it up mate.

They want 15 up front which is the issue according to Bobble.

Can't see this one happening because of PSR.

The option was Lindstrom or him not both.

Any high transfer fees this summer will have to be deferred with a loan and option to buy.

We cannot loan two players from the same team.
I would have thought our issues are more cash than PSR. We've brought in about 70m in sales, maybe slightly more, since the end of last season.

We've spent about 25m on new signings. How much of the rest of the money we can spend is the question. And we really don't know the answer yet.

I also expect more sales towards the end of the window which might help. But they could come too late to reinvest. That's why we need to sell DCL ASAP if he is going to leave. It can't be a deadline day sale.

25 million has agreed it's the structure that's holding it up mate.

They want 15 up front which is the issue according to Bobble.
as he said, Leeds want to come out of this looking good which is understandable. I imagine we'll either sort it in August when the TV money is in, or we'll agree on a lower down payment but more add on or a high % sell on value. Something that lets Leeds feel they've got the better deal.

I would have thought our issues are more cash than PSR. We've brought in about 70m in sales, maybe slightly more, since the end of last season.

We've spent about 25m on new signings. How much of the rest of the money we can spend is the question. And we really don't know the answer yet.
It's the three year thing that will bite us, even though we've already been harshly punished.

I haven't looked in depth at the numbers but with our recent sales, I'm pretty sure PSR position is improving. We are replacing big losses with lesser losses under the 3 year cycle.

I dont think we have much cash to spend though.

Never forget as well that we are steadily reducing the wages paid every season.

This summer we lost the Gomes, Onana and Godfrey wages, overall about 300k per week saved (15m for the year) the contracts for guys coming in are roughly about half the amount given or take. It makes a big difference in the p&s as well.

Leeds probably digging in wanting us to buy Harrison, and loan with obligation to buy Gnonto.

Waiting game - whoever needs to buy/sell first.

It would help if Gnonto is saying he'll only go to Everton, but Leeds will know push come to shove he'd go elsewhere if another team come in.

Can't see a non Prem team paying what they want for him though.
Would depend what fee they wanted for Harrison. Have a horrible feeling they want silly money for him.

4 players for three positions isn't being 'covered', it's one knock away from having zero options, and two away from playing Garner or Young on the wing.
I see it as two for two.

Having a couple of all-rounders who can fit in where required helps in a lean squad.

I haven't looked in depth at the numbers but with our recent sales, I'm pretty sure PSR position is improving. We are replacing big losses with lesser losses under the 3 year cycle.

I dont think we have much cash to spend though.

Available cash is hard to figure out mate, nobody really knows the payment structures of past and present outgoings OR what we need to pay this season from past and present incomings either.

We could easily be recieving parts of the Gordon, Richarlison deals still or they may be completely paid off already, same with DCL, Godfrey etc, we don't know how much initial payment this season we'll get, similarly we will be paying for the likes of Beto, Chermiti and others still out if this seasons available funds.

The only thing we can pretty accurately calculate is the p&s state Vis a Vis the transfers effect on it as that's a quantifiable amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back